Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: What Chris Onstad is doing instead of making comics  (Read 20623 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What Chris Onstad is doing instead of making comics
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 01:53:14 pm »

Any of those scenarios may be true, but there's nothing preventing him from issuing refunds to the people who did pay upfront for a book that hadn't even been finished or printed yet.

Oh yeah, totally, assuming he even has any clue who he owes money to. But it's interesting to me, the particular hole he's dug for himself. Any one of a million other career directions wouldn't have posed this same problem.

I'm pretty sure there are more writing gigs than I know that I lost because people looking at my work found my humor writing, which is why this interests me I guess.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: What Chris Onstad is doing instead of making comics
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 11:45:30 pm »

Re: Cookbook- Homeboy claims 'life problems'says the project is off the ground but offers full refunds.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: What Chris Onstad is doing instead of making comics
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 02:31:26 am »

Re: Cookbook- Homeboy claims 'life problems'says the project is off the ground but offers full refunds.

Well, I don't want to take money out of his kid's mouth, I just was kind of hoping for the cookbook.

Is he going to assume that everybody still lives at the same addresses as when they ordered in 2009?
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: What Chris Onstad is doing instead of making comics
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2012, 10:32:42 pm »

Just checked Achewood for the first time since May. 

It's been updated once.

Big deep sigh.

Hope you guys are all doing great.

Jim
Logged

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
Re: What Chris Onstad is doing instead of making comics
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2012, 09:53:00 am »

Waddup people of the world.

The CookBook seems to be available in the HonorClub:

http://www.achewood.com/honorclub/ckbk1_honor_system_full.pdf

So, yeah. That's a thing.
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What Chris Onstad is doing instead of making comics
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2012, 10:02:07 am »

I just saw that on twitter and almost fell off my chair. This must be a sign of the apocalypse.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: What Chris Onstad is doing instead of making comics
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2012, 01:00:39 pm »

Yoink.

We're now even for Serializer, Onstad.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

nephilim8

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 31
    • View Profile
Re: What Chris Onstad is doing instead of making comics
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2012, 08:22:08 pm »

He said the digital version had several pages not in the print version.

Wouldn't that be a smack in the balls if that was the second cookbook.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: What Chris Onstad is doing instead of making comics
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2012, 02:02:17 am »

This ... isn't a very good cookbook. I mean the recipes.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What Chris Onstad is doing instead of making comics
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2012, 08:02:04 am »

The pasta with nuts is good and the chocolate chip cookies. Also the home fries.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: What Chris Onstad is doing instead of making comics
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2012, 06:39:51 pm »

I guess I should soften what I say. Nothing in there is bad. In fact, a lot of it seems downright tasty (although the concept of red wine at room temperature is, I'm sorry, wrong -- it really should be at about 65 degrees to start).

But none of it is *really* good -- for a foodie like Onstad, I'd expect stuff that's really awesome and yet simple.

And yes, I said foodie. Language evolves. Deal with it.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What Chris Onstad is doing instead of making comics
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2012, 12:01:45 am »

I got a chicken I'm going to do that brining thing with tomorrow.

If you've never brined a bird before I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: What Chris Onstad is doing instead of making comics
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2012, 12:52:32 am »

If you've never brined a bird before I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

This, this, a thousand times this.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: What Chris Onstad is doing instead of making comics
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2012, 01:20:58 am »

I've had brined pork but not bird, so I am looking forward to this even more now.

I did it once for a potluck dinner party and my friends went nuts for it. The bird was amazing as hell.

I think he wrote the cookbook for someone with the kitchen equipment of a 22-year old bachelor. It is just my speed. I don't have a lot of kitchen skills, per se.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What Chris Onstad is doing instead of making comics
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 09:47:04 pm »

Looking through the archives I came across pics of me and my nephew making Achewood Ribs.

It's not in the cookbook. Does anyone know where it came from because I don't?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up