Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixdisc 2012  (Read 10639 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Mixdisc 2012
« on: September 28, 2012, 07:14:03 pm »

Been listening to a lot of mixdisc lately. Some of the mixdisc I've collected from you fine people through the years are among my favorite albums.

Today specifically I am listening to "A Mix CD Todd Found in a Dumpster and Hung On To" compiled by Limmo. I'm enjoying it so much it makes me think it's time we had another TOUAMB mixdisc exchange. I'm gonna get started on mine right away.

Who's with me?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:21:21 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 02:19:22 am »

I got stacks of 'em around.  I make a bout 1 a month for the truck.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 03:27:47 am »

I do mine at the end of the year. I can agree to an exchange, but you won't get mine for three months.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc 2012
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 09:31:50 pm »

Okay, I'm just about ready to do this.

I've decided to give y'all a selection.

I'm not going to tell you what's on the disc, but you can choose from the list below based on the name I've given to the mix and when I put it together.

1 What's Happening Now (Jan. 2001)
2 Blue Guitars Caught Up in a Philosophical Discussion (May 2002)
3 The Brightly Lit Room (Dec 2002)
4 Rumpelstiltskin (Feb 2004)
5 Songs My Mama Taught Me To Love (Jul 2004)
6 Audiobiography (Jul 2006)
7 Nationalism (Dec 2006)
8 No News, No New Regrets (Feb 2010)
9 I Know I Would Die If I Could Come Back New (Jul 2010)
10 Texas Toast (Mar 2012)
11 Hey Nineteen (Feb 2011)
12 My Sweet Side (Oct 2012)

Make your selection and send me your address. I do this US Mail style! No reciprocation necessary, so if you are lame I'll still send you a disc.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc 2012
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 10:09:40 pm »

I would love to get these, but I don't think I have another mixdisc in me right now. Would you trade for something else, if I can think of something amusing?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc 2012
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 02:20:13 am »

Man, police truck is just the greatest fuck*ng song, no?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 02:31:22 am »

Chris Ledoux - Rodeo Song (Piss Me Off)

That song is a cover. I've only ever heard the original. If you want to listen to Chris Ledoux this is the gold standard.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 04:50:47 am »

I do mine at the end of the year. I can agree to an exchange, but you won't get mine for three months.

C'mon Carlos, let go. You can put together a special TOUAMB mix. Free yourself from the usual rules you've placed upon yourself. Just wing it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc 2012
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 02:52:31 pm »

I hear you on Ledoux, I'm pretty familiar.

You'll ride a black tornado acrost a western sky...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc 2012
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 05:00:57 pm »

I ain't got any PM's so I guess nobody wants my mixdisc.

Here's a cover gallery...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc 2012
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 09:38:25 pm »

That looks exciting.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc 2012
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 01:46:48 am »

I would love to get these, but I don't think I have another mixdisc in me right now. Would you trade for something else, if I can think of something amusing?

Absolutely.  Send me something amusing and I'll send you a mixdisx.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc 2012
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 02:39:26 am »

Absolutely.  Send me something amusing and I'll send you a mixdisx.

Oh no, you gotta choose.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc 2012
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 08:44:45 pm »

Okay Ash, your mix is in the mail.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 05:40:42 pm »

If you want to listen to Chris Ledoux this is the gold standard.

That's pretty badass.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up