I guess this belongs in Nature?
Come on guys, while I still have internet, post things and distract me. They've got me terrified. And as usual, the Tech Staff has managed to be out of town, as always seems to happen when there is a big storm.
I'm ready to hunker down in the basement with food and water and pugs and books. I do have the generator, but I'm supposed to turn it off at night... maybe I should just turn it off earlier when it still seems safe to go out. Also I am afraid the fence we have around it will get blown down. I think the generator would win that battle but it could still be a problem. It will be good to have after the storm when power is out for days but for the duration it just seems like another problem to solve.
A guy on the radio is saying "no electric infrastruce can withstand this."
Really, if I felt sure I was safe in the basement, I have plenty of books and batteries and radios. At first they were just emphasizing everyone should stay home and I was thinking they just had to be vehement because there are people who don't know to come in out of the rain. But the last NWS update said to stay on lower levels of your house and maybe you should leave if there are TREES. I mean, of course there are trees! We have taken down all the dangerous-looking ones over the years, but of course there are trees! It's a little late to tell me that maybe I should evacuate because there are trees. Waaah!