Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Goals and Resolutions 2013  (Read 17563 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Goals and Resolutions 2013
« on: January 01, 2013, 02:48:15 am »

Today I'm gonna make 2013 Resolutions:

finish a novel
kiss at least one beautiful woman tenderly full on the mouth
find a day job
kiss at least one beautiful woman tenderly full on the mouth
figure out if I should go to grad school or not
kiss at least one beautiful woman tenderly full on the mouth
visit Brooklyn
kiss at least one beautiful woman tenderly full on the mouth
visit LA
kiss at least one beautiful woman tenderly full on the mouth
perform at least once as the lead singer of a rehearsed full band either as Screaming Viking or as Velvet Waltz
kiss at least one beautiful woman tenderly full on the mouth
start a web comic
kiss at least one beautiful woman tenderly full on the mouth
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Goals and Resolutions 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 10:01:09 am »

My folks came over to keep me company on NYE. We ate sweet potato pie and watched The Maze. It was pretty good. Then we drank sparkling wine and watched the NYE artcar parade on television. Then we drank sparkling wine.

Happy New Year!!!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Goals and Resolutions 2013
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 01:47:52 pm »

Today I'm gonna make 2013 Resolutions:

Are those resolutions, or goals? Now I am confused.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Goals and Resolutions 2013
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 05:27:46 pm »

I don't do resolutions, but this year I am sitting down with spouse and writing specific, measurable, attainable, realistic goals in the areas of mental, physical, social, spiritual, career, and creative. My youngest is starting Kindergarten in half a year and I have several paths laid out in front of me; I want to do some carpeing of the diems to come so I'm trying to figure out which one I'm gonna walk down so I can position myself to start sprinting down it when the time is right.

Should we have a resolutions & goals thread?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Goals and Resolutions 2013
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 05:42:35 pm »

Yes!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Goals and Resolutions 2013
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 05:57:34 pm »

Wombat resolves to use her awesome power only for good, even if it means she sometimes splits not quite the right set of messages into a new thread. This also includes resolving to make sure her imaginary characters post more on the board in the new year.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Goals and Resolutions 2013
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 06:08:46 pm »

I don't do resolutions either but the other day I decided the problem was that I didn't have any Daruma dolls with one eye filled in. The custom is that you color in one eye when you start a project, and the other when you meet a goal. Like this.

So I went online and ordered three of them. I never had three at once, so I may be in over my head. This is what I am working toward this year:
1. get another book published.
2. get my dog training certification
3. get a paying assignment to write something about Japan

(2) will take longer than a year but 1 and 3 I would like to actually happen this year. I have more than one book I am shopping around. And there are only so many travel publications to pitch so it should only take a few months to do all that and figure out if it's going to be yes or no.

I thought about getting another for the goal of getting my Japanese up to a useful level but I'm going to call that part of 3.

This is all going to proceed really slowly till I get the cast off my arm though, because now I'm getting tendinitis or something in my other wrist from using it too much in weird ways.  So I'm saying they're my goals starting in the Year of the Snake. And I should stop typing now.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Goals and Resolutions 2013
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 12:06:26 am »

This is it. The year I:

1. Figure it out
2. kiss beautiful women
3. rule the world
4. get a "real job"

But actually, I am going to figure out how much gas I use driving to and from work, and if the numbers work out I'm going to start taking the bus. This could save money, is good for the environment, will force me to plan ahead, etc. We'll see.

More conservatively, this buying lunch at work everyday has got to stop. Need to start cooking lunch again.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Goals and Resolutions 2013
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 12:27:32 am »

I guess I am nitpicking but I think something like "finish novel/get job" is a goal and "take the bus" is a resolution. Right? Maybe because one has a point when it is finished and the other never ends?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Goals and Resolutions 2013
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 01:38:11 am »

"grab life by the nips" is kind of a generic idea, but i need to do more of it.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Goals and Resolutions 2013
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 02:30:39 am »

get debt free. i'm damned close already, just the last couple months of student loan payments and my sole credit card. maybe i'll buy a car.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Goals and Resolutions 2013
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 03:11:38 am »

Around here is it indeed cheaper to take the bus in absolute dollars, but the amount of your life you give up in wacky detours and gerrymandering routes is almost never worth it.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Goals and Resolutions 2013
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 02:32:21 pm »

Same here. The busses run, generally, from poor neighborhoods to crappy strip malls. There are very few stops in places where middle-class people actually work or shop.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Goals and Resolutions 2013
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 02:41:08 pm »

I gotta lose some goddamn weight. I feel lousy.
Otherwise, things are pretty good.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Goals and Resolutions 2013
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 03:22:26 pm »

I would like to make one comment on a couple of these lists: what do you have against less than beautiful women?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up