Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: New Achewood Animated Series in the Works  (Read 22390 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013, 01:12:40 am »

Then there was this one from around Christmas, with voices:

http://vimeo.com/56127468

And yeah, Ray's voice is wrong, but Phillipe pretty much hits my mental image.

Yet so close.

Ray really should use the same voice actor as Flutterguy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmGJJDL5EUA

Phillipe should have the same voice actor as Catbug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNHk6UADtDQ

Actually, I'd accept the voice of Impossibear as Ray's voice too.

Remember kids: It's always been Wankershim.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2013, 01:32:03 pm »

I am surprised no one has commented on the music. It is perfect.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2013, 03:03:16 pm »

I cannot wait to find out what Mr Bear sounds like, and see him move. I hope they get Garrison Keillor for his voice. Or Sean Connery. Or Sterling Holloway. Or Hugh Hefner.

Stephen Fry. Or Edward Herrmann if you want less British.

We have a couple threads on this, no?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2013, 03:35:10 pm »

I am surprised no one has commented on the music. It is perfect.

It is perfect.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2013, 03:54:24 pm »

Stephen Fry. Or Edward Herrmann if you want less British.

Kelsey Grammar.

And yes, I think we do have threads on this.

Also, yes, the music is perfect.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2013, 05:17:38 pm »

I think David Attenborough (the guy who did the Planet Earth and BBC narration of Life amoung other things) would be awesome.

As for Beef, either of these KITH would do, though Dave Foley would be my top pick.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2013, 06:49:59 pm »

I think animation could produce some really amazing things for Achewood. A sense of timing for one - long pauses on stark scenery have always been done by means of an extra panel. Now we can find out just how long they are. Also the motion - Lyle scissoring his feet as his body pitches up to 45 degrees in either direction, never quite connecting with the floor for some reason, is how I always pictured him moving around. I think watching that would be extra hilarious.  I think I'm probably wrong about that one, but I'm sure he'll have a pretty decent stagger. I'm getting more and more stoked.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2013, 07:43:37 pm »

Wired has a story up with quite a few new details in it. Including who's voicing Philippe and Ray: http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/02/achewood-tv-show/
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2013, 08:19:27 pm »

Among other exciting tidbits in that article comes this non-Achewood-related gem:

Quote
Fox is set to debut its own late-night animation blog with Axe Cop, a series based on another webcomic that features the voice talent of Parks and Recreation‘s Nick Offerman.

YES
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2013, 08:30:26 pm »

Quote
A NEW WEBSTORE

It would be great to be able to put on my Achewood sweatshirt without thinking "maybe I shouldn't wear this, it is irreplacable." 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2013, 09:25:39 pm »

Also, The Mayor suggesting a Scatman Crothers type voice is a ringer for me.


ZING:  http://touamb.com/index.php?topic=1166.0
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2013, 10:44:22 pm »

Are we agreeing, then, that Ray is black?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2013, 02:30:14 am »

Ray sounds in my head like a rich white guy who sort of tries to sound like a mellow African American jazz musician but really only half-tries because the privileges of wealth allow him to never have to try very hard at anything... with that not-quite-fully-stoned-but-a-light-buzz-on-at-all-times thing Jeff Bridges uses in his lighter roles mixed in there.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2013, 07:26:39 am »

How about Tim Heidecker for Roast Beef? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QK3kq7Ogpo
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2013, 10:10:24 pm »

Though Heidecker is kind of a genius, from what I've heard he's kind of hard to work with unless you're one of the few people he deigns to consider his equal and...

I could see the creative interactions between him and Onstad as being... difficult.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up