Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Watching the Weight  (Read 28152 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Watching the Weight
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2004, 05:16:59 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Exercise is a last resort...I know it's awful, but I'm the laziest bum around.


I think I could give you a run for your money as Head Crusher in the Federal Department of Lazy. Seriously. If I didn't have the metabolism of a ferret, I'd probably weigh like 1,000 pounds.

But the doctor said I had to start exercising, and I found a way that breaches "tolerable" and actually pierces the black, oozing heart of enjoyable. It involves a hands-free exercise bike and a Game Boy Advance SP. Be sure to bring a towel.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Watching the Weight
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2004, 06:10:47 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
If I didn't have the metabolism of a ferret, I'd probably weigh like 1,000 pounds.


Similarly. I weigh like 130lbs probably.
But I too really need to start excercising, since I can't walk 30 yards without spending a night in pain.
After the amountof walking I did last week and how little pain I succumbed to though, I just need to keep at it to some extent, as opposed to sitting in front of my computer doing fuck all like today.
Oh dear.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2004, 06:25:27 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
But the doctor said I had to start exercising, and I found a way that breaches "tolerable" and actually pierces the black, oozing heart of enjoyable. It involves a hands-free exercise bike and a Game Boy Advance SP. Be sure to bring a towel.


Wow.  You...you've brought tears to my eyes.  

I'll have legs like the She-Hulk.  Only, you know, less...green.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2004, 09:39:09 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Woah, mite, I'd be thrilled to be at 131.  My ultimate goal is 130, actually -- that's what I weighed when Pedro proposed in November 2001.  Ah, yes -- marriage.  Makes ya fat and happy.

Well yeah, but I'm also about 5'3". With "good birthing hips" (yes a guy actually told me that when I was in high school).

But today was sucky, so now I'm self-medicating with buffalo wings and a bottle of wine. Next stop - cookie dough! Bikini season is still months away, right?
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2004, 09:55:32 pm »

Quote from: "Mite"
Bikini season


Just getting a head start on the requests for pics.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2004, 09:59:12 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"

I'll have legs like the She-Hulk.  Only, you know, less...green.


Seconded on the pictures.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2004, 10:22:36 pm »

Quote from: "Mite"
Well yeah, but I'm also about 5'3". With "good birthing hips" (yes a guy actually told me that when I was in high school).


That guy must have been my ex-boyfriend, because I was told the exact same thing when I was in high school.  His exact words were, "You have nice wide hips, you'll have an easy childbirth."  Sadly, he meant it as a compliment.  

I should also add that I was 5'6" and weighed about 105 lbs. at the time.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2004, 04:11:15 am »

It's my turn to weigh in here.  This week i'm even steven.  No loss, no gain.  Oh well, better luck next week.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Watching the Weight
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2004, 05:54:15 am »

I was down 16 pounds, but now I'm back up two.  Of course, once I pee I'll be down the two pounds again.

Remember, folks, a pint of water/urine weighs a pound.  So try to evacuate before weighing-in - that way it'll seem like you lost more.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2004, 04:32:31 pm »

And you sweat a pound in your sleep so weigh first thing in the morning.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Watching the Weight
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2004, 04:37:20 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
And you sweat a pound in your sleep so weigh first thing in the morning.


Is that just Jough you speak of, or am I really put off ever sharing a bed with anyone ever again?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2004, 04:40:23 pm »

Both the pee thing and the sweat thing are common knowledge in wrestling. Except we were always warned by our coach *not* to weigh first thing in the morning unless we didn't plan to eat or drink anything until the official weigh-in since the first beverage you drink replaces the sweat-pound.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2004, 04:44:14 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
And you sweat a pound in your sleep so weigh first thing in the morning.


Well, that explains several things in my life...

Don't ask.  I mean it.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2004, 05:29:06 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
His exact words were, "You have nice wide hips, you'll have an easy childbirth."  Sadly, he meant it as a compliment.

Haha, I totally imagine Zoltan, the evil prince of Mars, saying this to some captive Earth-women while stroking his tiny beard.
"SURELY MY SEED SHALL FIND FECUNDITY WITHIN YOU, AND THE BIRTHING WILL BE EXPEDITED BY YOUR WIDE HIPS! ZOLTAN SHALL RULE THE UNIVERSE!"
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Watching the Weight
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2004, 08:50:51 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "jldunston"
His exact words were, "You have nice wide hips, you'll have an easy childbirth."  Sadly, he meant it as a compliment.

Haha, I totally imagine Zoltan, the evil prince of Mars, saying this to some captive Earth-women while stroking his tiny beard.
"SURELY MY SEED SHALL FIND FECUNDITY WITHIN YOU, AND THE BIRTHING WILL BE EXPEDITED BY YOUR WIDE HIPS! ZOLTAN SHALL RULE THE UNIVERSE!"

Well, now I can't stop picturing it.

I think teenage boys should be advised of this image. Perhaps we could print up a pamphlet: "Things Which, If You Say Them To Your Date, Will Make You Sound Like An Evil Prince of Mars." I could chip in a couple, personally.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up