Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Watching the Weight  (Read 28163 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Watching the Weight
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2004, 08:15:44 pm »

God damn it, I thought this Hacker's Diet was going to consist of what I do, which consists of sitting at my computer for hours eating cereal and popsicles.
Logged
goose means greedy

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2004, 08:37:40 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I jumped rope the other day for the first time probably since I was in grade school. I was just out in the garage with the music basting, just a-tearin' it up. The next day, I could not walk due to extreme pain in my calves. The jumping of the rope uses muscles that people may not be accustomed to using, as at least for me, I do not find myself making little hops like that over and over in my daily existence.


Totally understandable.  Jumping rope is hardcore exercise in camouflage.  That's why it's the preferred form of excercise for both the  Girscouts of America and Rocky Balboa.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Watching the Weight
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2004, 09:22:14 pm »

It's sort of funny, because I'm pretty active on the ol' elliptical machine, and the sweetie and I play tennis, ride bikes, and . . . other exercise-related activity. I grabbed the jump rope, I was wailing away thinking "hell, this ain't so bad," and the next day I nearly needed assistance just to get out of bed.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2004, 01:22:19 am »

Ooh! Easter egg!

Found in the Hacker's Diet. Great stuff! Thank Pete for Mozilla and the Fedora project.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2004, 05:33:01 pm »

*lurch*

*groan*

*stagger*

It lives!  

I just thought I'd resurrect this thread to see if everyone's still ridin' the weight loss train.  I reached my 25 lb. milestone this week, bringing me down to a lean mean 134.5.  Four and a half pounds to go!  

Anybody else doing well?  Pedro was off the wagon for a while but he's back on now.  

Also, before and after pictures.  Note that the "after" picture was taken about 2 weeks ago...I've lost another 2 lbs. since then but it really doesn't show.  

Apparently, dieting hasn't made my smile less crooked.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Watching the Weight
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2004, 06:15:57 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I just thought I'd resurrect this thread to see if everyone's still ridin' the weight loss train.


I stopped my weight gain and started to lose (almost ten of the fifteen off), but I chalk that more up to starting smoking again than to any conscious diet or exercise program.  I have been getting outside and doing active things more often since it warmed up, though.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Watching the Weight
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2004, 06:51:11 pm »

I've been holding steady after losing around 25lbs.  I'm not really eating well or exercising, though - it's just too damned hot out.

My goal, though, is to lose another 25lbs. by the end of the summer.  Then I'll only have about 75lbs. to go!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Watching the Weight
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2004, 06:53:19 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
*after pictures


P.S. UNGH!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2004, 06:54:22 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
*after pictures


P.S. UNGH!


Oh, you.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Watching the Weight
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2004, 07:21:14 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
*after pictures


P.S. UNGH!


Oh, you.


Seriously, dude, I don't think I've ever broken the 9th commandment before. ;)

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2004, 07:37:00 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Also, before and after pictures.  Note that the "after" picture was taken about 2 weeks ago...I've lost another 2 lbs. since then but it really doesn't show.

Cheater! Look at your hair/clothes in the before picture compared to after.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2004, 08:53:24 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Cheater! Look at your hair/clothes in the before picture compared to after.


Cort misses the joke because he is not a girl, and does not buy products advertised with exactly these kind of before and after pictures.

Personally I am afraid that jl is going to vanish soon.  The Italian gramma in me wants to send her some pasta.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2004, 08:59:41 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
*after pictures


P.S. UNGH!


Damn. I wholeheartedly agree. You are lookin' hawt, Ms. Dunston.

I have lost 36 pounds since February 1st of this year, when I began the Hacker's Diet.

I am sort of at a plateau, ever since I got laid off from my job. :~( We had THE BEST workout facility there, and it was free. I am still trying to work out, but my weight loss has really plateau'd since I haven't been able to work out at the same intensity as before.

My goal BMI is 19, which will mean about 120 lbs on my 5'5" frame. I am Sicilian, so I unfortunately have a large frame. But I am excited to buy a bikini this summer.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2004, 09:41:02 pm »

Quote from: "linnea"

I am sort of at a plateau, ever since I got laid off from my job. :~( We had THE BEST workout facility there, and it was free.


Christ, I thought MY job had perks. All the bacon I can eat can't hold a candle to a f'in WORKOUT facility.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Watching the Weight
« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2004, 10:11:29 pm »

Okay, I'll bite (excuse the pun):

What is the "Hacker's Diet"?

Don't hackers drink regular Coke and eat pizza and Chinoise take-away six nights a week?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up