Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Watching the Weight  (Read 28111 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Watching the Weight
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2004, 08:42:30 pm »

Jesus, man, you just don't ask those kinds of questions.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Watching the Weight
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2004, 10:26:55 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Yeah, dang, that is LOW. The worst I had heard of before was when my brother and his girlfriend broke up (mutually, actually) WHILE HAVING SEX. But that is sad. However, as they all said, KARMA.

How the hell did that even work? Are you sure it was, you know, actively during sex, and not shortly after or some such?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2004, 10:36:26 pm »

Maybe it turned into a grudge fuck, which can be awesome.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2004, 01:59:24 am »

Dude. Breaking up while fuck*ng? That is totally against the rules. I dunno... when I met my ex-fiance a few days after he broke it off, I made DAMN SURE that we met at a coffee shop. Otherwise things would not have ended so cleanly. Plus, meeting in public guaranteed that I couldn't get all violent on his bitch ass. *sigh*

The more that I think about these past few weeks, the more I appreciate the situation. I would much rather just never get married at all, rather than have to go through a divorce later. And obviously we were not meant for each other. And clearly, there is a better job out there somewhere for me.

I'm also really glad that it happened when it did. If I had gotten fired earlier, he might have been reluctant to break it off. *shrug* It was rough, but I'm glad that I'm getting on with it.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2004, 02:02:26 am »

And you golf, too? This guy was a moron and a loser. Better off without him.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Watching the Weight
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2004, 02:26:02 am »

Yup. Certainly never broken up during.
Just before yes, but then when that happens it's never quite a breakup that lasts. Well, no it did, the breakup went on for a good few months...

Seriously though, it sounds like it could end up being quite liberating.
The way things have gone, and are going for me, recently... Well, everything's changing, going tits up, whatever, and there's not a lot I can do but roll with it and try and end up somewhere I'm content with.
Various friendships, and relationships seem to be trying to tear themselves apart at the moment, but I got my guitar and some more mics, and probably looking for a new place to live.

Bah, like Jough I'm rambling...

Yea...

As for on topic, my weight loss is going well. It's not supposed to be, but for the last  hours I have been completely unable to sleep, and for the last month I have been unable to eat properly.
So I ought to be incorporeal before you know it.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Watching the Weight
« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2004, 03:00:03 am »

Yeah.. I know it's still unpleasant, but this guy sounds like someone who wouldn't exactly be conducive to a happy marriage anyway. It's probably best things ended then.

Best wishes for a new job and a new guy; you deserve both.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Watching the Weight
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2004, 03:47:41 am »

Jesus, Linnea, that's brutal.  You sound like you're dealing with it all very well, though, and that's pretty impressive.  Same goes for Slink, of course.  Glad I'm still in the halcyon adolescent bliss of entirely meaningless relationships.  (Not to say that that magisterium is entirely limited to those of my age, but you get the idea)
Logged
goose means greedy

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2004, 04:45:46 am »

Yeah, I hear y'all. No, it was most definitely during. Like, they had broken up a week before, but had decided to "give it another try." So they went to a movie, went to dinner, had a real awkward time, came back to my brothers place and commenced to make it. About halfway through, my brother is like, "This isn't working." And the girl was like, "Yeah." And he pulled out and she got dressed and left.
Right now things seem to be fucked up all over right now, but I'm sure we'll all be in better places by, say, New Years?
 
Quote from: "Camper Van Beethoven"
Everything seems to be up in the air right now, everything seems to be up in the air right now, someday soon, it'll all settle down, but everything seems to be up in the air right now.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2004, 05:08:01 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
And you golf, too? This guy was a moron and a loser. Better off without him.


Yep. My pa was a golf course architect at one point during his career. I used to caddy for him when I was a kid. I'm certainly no damn good at the particular game of golf, but I enjoy going to the driving range, and I'd like to have my own set of clubs.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2004, 10:13:23 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Right now things seem to be fucked up all over right now, but I'm sure we'll all be in better places by, say, New Years?
 


Aw jeez.  Not that long, please?

Linnea, my miseries at the moment, which I thought were pretty bad, pale in comparison to yours, but I have one piece of advice:  Unemployment insurance.  I never got it before, and it's pretty cool.  Go get yourself some if you're eligible.  Not only do you get money for (almost) nothing, but I'm told it's just like regular insurance - your old company's payments into the system go up when they have more ex-employees making claims.  So you can feel a nice little bit of revenge with each check. It's a small thing but at this kind of time in your life you have to get what you can from the small things.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Watching the Weight
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2004, 03:43:50 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Referenced "Ambiguity Song"


R.A.D.D., wherein the extra D is on account of that is just really a wicked-cool song.
Logged
goose means greedy

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2004, 11:22:12 pm »

So yeah. To drag this thread, kicking and screaming, back on-topic.

Piccies! Yay weight loss!

I don't have any digital photos of me at my heaviest, which was 195 (DAMN).

Here is a picture of me gettin' pretty close, though. I would estimate that at the time of this photograph I was 180 pounds, size 16. The fuck*ng loser at my side is my ex-fiance, JT. That photo was taken in October 2002.



And here is a photograph that I took today. I got a really cute skirt and top (on sale, for cheap). Since Ms. Dunston posted such a fabulous photo of her in a red skirt, I thought I'd have to go that route. In this photograph I am 155 pounds and a size 12. Sorry for the blurriness and general shittitude of the photo. I was trying to take pictures of myself, and I had to turn off the flash.

Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Watching the Weight
« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2004, 12:15:40 am »

For the record:

You're cute in both shots.

JT sort of looks like a knob, though that may just me speaking from what I know of him now.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Watching the Weight
« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2004, 01:20:38 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
JT sort of looks like a knob, though that may just me speaking from what I know of him now.


Whoa, yeah. Knob City. Linnea, I don't want you to take this as an indirect stab at your Special Thoughts and Ideas regarding the opposite sex, but holy something we are like boxcar hobos stowed away on the express train to Squaresville here. Did this dude own any coffee table books that were just pages and pages of photographs of knives or something?

Also the new haircut makes all the difference, in my completely uninformed and unsolicited opinion.

UNINFORMED! UNSOLICITED! THESE ARE OPINIONS TOO HOT TO SHOW YOU IN THIS COMMERCIAL SO ORDER NOW
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up