It is funny how blind one is willing to become in a relationship.
Yep, Zart, you are correct on all counts. Total fuck*ng dolt. He failed out his first year of college, and hasn't gone back. He probably never will. He works as a bank teller. He spent a year in Iraq with the US Army. It is so ironic that you made the coffee table book comment, because he really does have shelves crammed full of books about knives n' guns and whatnot. Magazine subscriptions to gun mags and knife mags and Soldier of Fortune. He's not a terribly big guy. About five-ten, maybe 150 pounds. He studied Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Jeet Kun Do, and was constantly training and going to competitions and whatnot.
He and I are both currently 25 years old (I think we were 23 in that first photo). He is a martial arts and weapons fanatic. He joined the Army so that they would let him play with fully automatic weaponry. He's one of the guys in his squadron that carries a 50-cal machine gun.
Please note that I am glad to be out of that relationship with him. His yearlong deployment really gave each of us the space necessary to get on with our respective lives.
And yes, thank you for your kind comments regarding my haircut. I rather like it. I need to get it cut again. I took this photo last week, when it was cold enough outside here in Colorado to be wearing a long-sleeved t-shirt. Yay sparkly!
