Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239170 times)

0 Members and 36 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #990 on: August 05, 2014, 08:01:39 pm »

They immediately deleted your post in the Achewood facebook group, AD.  With extreme prejudice. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #991 on: August 05, 2014, 08:20:04 pm »

how unhappy New Yorkers are and how it's hard to have a family there.

Right, that's why people move there from all over the world and it's the most populous city in the country. Because it's such a terrible place to be.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #992 on: August 06, 2014, 12:31:04 am »

Odd, I can see the post just fine.  But Facebook has been deleting comments of mine at random so who knows, man
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #993 on: August 06, 2014, 12:57:32 am »

wombat-- that's what I said. I sent them a study about how people rate themselves as "less happy" when they start a challenging job or have kids.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #994 on: August 06, 2014, 01:34:11 am »

wombat-- that's what I said. I sent them a study about how people rate themselves as "less happy" when they start a challenging job or have kids.

Well played.

And Ash, you can blame that at least in part on the Technical Staff, although who knows if I'd be able to get a job in NYC if I wanted one. It's not like Canada where there's legal preference for the natives or anything.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #995 on: August 07, 2014, 12:55:57 am »

Insurance companies are evil. I'm sure they have whole departments devoted to thinking up such intricate ways to be evil.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #996 on: August 07, 2014, 04:14:41 am »

Insurance companies are evil. I'm sure they have whole departments devoted to thinking up such intricate ways to be evil.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #997 on: August 07, 2014, 04:51:26 am »

Insurance companies are evil. I'm sure they have whole departments devoted to thinking up such intricate ways to be evil.

As a former insurance industry regulator, I can assure that this is exactly the case.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #998 on: August 08, 2014, 04:23:55 pm »

Remember, you need at least 4 feet of depth or you'll still smell the decomp.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #999 on: August 13, 2014, 04:37:13 pm »

I am having a Problem with my knees and the doctor says I need to start wearing real shoes. You know, with arch support and stuff. I did not realize how vain I am about my cool shoes, but I am having issues finding a single pair of sneakers that I would wear. That aren't "retro" bad-for-your-feet ones.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1000 on: August 13, 2014, 07:20:59 pm »

My wife was recently despairing over her inability to walk more than a couple blocks without making her knees hurt for the next few days.  She bought new shoes for the kids, then picked up a pair of sneakers for herself to replace the ones her toe was wearing though.  Its been like magic, she can walk for miles now, day after day.
Buy yourself some ding-dong long bell bottoms and you won't have to see them?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1001 on: August 13, 2014, 07:45:32 pm »

When you feel the comfort of old-fart shoes you will gladly wave goodbye to "style".  Style is for the sore-footed.

Come to cushioned side, Luke.  Together we shall walk around the galaxy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1002 on: August 13, 2014, 09:31:45 pm »

I am up to running 5 miles a day.  I bike another 5 most days (just wherever I need to be that is reasonable to bike to.)  My left leg is probably broken.  My feet are in constant pain.  I wear cool shoes.  Just say fuck it!  Don't listen to these old fools.

Edit- I am hella close to being an old fool now.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1003 on: August 13, 2014, 09:54:34 pm »

I used to wear Chuck Taylor's most of the time. I had to give them up and start wearing shoes with support.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1004 on: August 14, 2014, 01:19:07 am »

It's weird that the way fashion has gone is that I wear brown leather shoes and the "uncool" shoes I don't wanna wear are mostly shiny and brightly colored.

I'm not gonna ignore this, because I am too young for it to hurt when I stand up. I might just get inserts though. Really intense inserts. I have bow-legs and my feet turn out at a sharp angle, so apparently my knees are going to deteriorate really quickly if I don't do something about it. Exercises and better shoes.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:55:02 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 94   Go Up