Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Fantasy football '13  (Read 23345 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2013, 04:48:55 pm »

Earl Thomas has put up 11, 9.5, 9.5, and 14 points over the last 4 weeks, so yes, it is certainly possible.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2013, 05:47:01 pm »

The most awesome nail-biting Monday night football game I can remember for fantasy purposes was in my pre-TOUAMB league. I had a two-point lead going into Monday night, but my opponent had his kicker still available. So one field goal and it's over. Doomed, right? That team (I think it was the Titans) scored exactly one touchdown all night, so he only got one point for the XP and I ex-scaped with a win. And yes I watched MNF in its entirety that night.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2013, 12:02:42 pm »

So I need a safety to put up 10 points. That could happen, right? One pick-six would just about do it.

You didn't get 10 points. You got 11.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2013, 12:41:45 pm »

You didn't get 10 points. You got 11.

So you're saying this one goes to 11?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2013, 01:38:04 pm »

Precisely. Earl Thomas goes to 11. w00t
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2013, 06:13:42 pm »

I am thoroughly heartened at the Niners' prospects of beating Seattle at Candlestick.  Seattle's O-Line looks like it has major problems, and its a safe bet that if the game came down to 4 cracks at the goal line from 1 yard out, Gore & Co. would be up to the challenge.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2013, 07:22:56 pm »

Earl Thomas can eat a bowl of dicks.



It seems I have become Ash's fantasy sports nemesis. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2013, 03:02:05 am »

Man, if Schaub wasn't already out of a job, I imagine he is now. Keenum is fuck*ng impressive.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2013, 04:53:28 am »

He's been really good in the first half of both of his starts, but the defense starts to figure him out in the second half. He's got a ways to go. Definitely the Texans kicker is out of a job.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2013, 05:49:20 am »

Yeah, spoke a bit too soon. I feel like I jinxed him. Damn it!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2013, 05:54:35 am »

Also, where the fuck did Nick Foles come from? I mean I know the Raiders are bad, but still. 7 TDs and no picks. Really impressive performance. Anybody here own him?

Ham Sammies... that's gotta hurt. You benched him in favor of Pryor. Not a bad call this morning probably, but ouch.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2013, 05:37:08 pm »

You ain't kidding.  Had I played him, I would actually have had a chance to beat the Muttoneers.  Sat Cameron Wake in favour of Adrian Clayborn as well (on the assumption that lots of Marshawn Lynch would provide lots of tackle opportunities).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:41:20 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2013, 10:17:04 pm »

Even with this kind of determination, he still fucked me out of a possible win.
https://vine.co/v/hjp7KU5H5n6
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2013, 02:25:40 pm »


THA SUGAH RAIN: 122.26
8-1-0

Magreaux Dogs: 123.25


Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2013, 03:20:34 pm »

THA SUGAH RAIN: 122.26
8-1-0

Magreaux Dogs: 123.25




Muttoneers gave me shit all weekend because I didn't replace Karlos Dansby.  I told him I had faith that I could win without him. And I did, by .99, baby!  What was the spread, anyway?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up