Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Friday the 13th of September: _Roast_Beef_in_France_  (Read 4894 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Friday the 13th of September: _Roast_Beef_in_France_
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 05:08:37 pm »

Oh yeah, they are living in Ray's pool house, which I would assume is on the properties main line. So does 'the water company' mean Beef forgot to pay Ray his portion of the bill? That's not the kind of thing it would seem Ray would do to a bro from knucklehead times, all killing the H2O.

Or did he put in a separate meter and sub out the poolhouse as a residence for Beef & Molly? That seems more like the kind of thing Ray would do. But damn that is a large gesture. Just for water (leaving out gas & electric) after you run the new pipes and get them all Kings X'd by the city inspector it's gonna cost you $14k just to have the water company come out and hook up the meter for you.

So, in short. Ray prolly spent close to $100k to set up utilities for his best-bro and Beef still can't keep the agua flowing because he is from circumstances.

Circumstances is one bad-ass mofo, I'm telling all y'all.

A wizard did it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Friday the 13th of September: _Roast_Beef_in_France_
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 05:30:23 pm »

So no one is going to help me figure out what is going on in panel 9 with the penis? Thanks guys.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Friday the 13th of September: _Roast_Beef_in_France_
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 05:31:08 pm »

So no one is going to help me figure out what is going on in panel 9 with the c*ck? Thanks guys.

He's holding a magazino, duderino.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Friday the 13th of September: _Roast_Beef_in_France_
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2013, 05:38:24 pm »

Yeah, a magazine.

I would like to point out that the last part of the title of this thread is "_Roast_Beef_in_France_" but when the link is underlined you can't tell.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Friday the 13th of September: _Roast_Beef_in_France_
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2013, 09:12:28 pm »

I haven't seen the comic, but in college our water got turned off at this big apartment complex...we just got a wrench and turned that shit back on.  The landlord was supposed to be paying our bills.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Friday the 13th of September: _Roast_Beef_in_France_
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2013, 10:19:14 pm »

I haven't seen the comic, but in college our water got turned off at this big apartment complex...we just got a wrench and turned that shit back on.
Right, never having fallen prey to this particular circumstance is what prompted my earlier question.  If there is a water leak somewhere, or I want to install a faucet, there is a ball valve near my garage with a handle on it.  Inline with pipe = open.  Perpendicular to pipe and deuces don't get flushed.  I gather there is yet another valve, probably 30 feet away where the tangle of official dials and pipes are, that The Man can shut off with impunity.  Perhaps inside a locked box to thwart Keith and his roommates.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Friday the 13th of September: _Roast_Beef_in_France_
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 11:33:51 pm »

This was like one of those newly built apartment complex's with like the six buildings with 3 floors and 4 apts on each floor thing...the water was in the parking lot underground, like 15 ft from our apartment building...if this helps?

Edit: also, still haven't scene the comic (does anyone know how to get alt text on iPhone?) but you can put water in the back of the tank then flush right?  I come from a place with a septic tank, a pool, tornados and a really really bad electricity company/not many people on our line.  This is what we did in those 4 or 5 days without electricity.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 11:37:26 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Llewelyn Ash

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Friday the 13th of September: _Roast_Beef_in_France_
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2013, 11:45:34 pm »

Does this mean Roast Beef didn't find Theo Freedom and now doesn't give a shit (like me)? Does this mean there will be weekly Achewoods with no Ray? Can we just forget the arc from his collapse to puking in the cap? I hope so on that last one anyway as I'm also disregarding the whole Ray is a car salesman's cat bullshit or whatever it was.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Friday the 13th of September: _Roast_Beef_in_France_
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2013, 09:10:45 am »

Did he call Molly the cat's "girlfriend" in the alt-text?

They're still married, aren't they?

Or is the artist drawing too directly from his actual life, forgetting that Beef's life isn't exactly his and treating all the women in his life as one-Molly many-faces?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Friday the 13th of September: _Roast_Beef_in_France_
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2013, 08:06:33 pm »

If you don't pay your water bill they will come out and turn the valve off and put a little plastic lock on the valve. If you turn the water back on they will eventually come back and put a real lock on it. If you cut the lock off and turn the valve back on they will eventually come back and cut and cap the line. They may also send the cops out to arrest you.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Friday the 13th of September: _Roast_Beef_in_France_
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013, 08:24:51 pm »

Speaking from experience?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Friday the 13th of September: _Roast_Beef_in_France_
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2013, 08:38:10 pm »

No, I've only personally been as far as stage one of that process.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up