Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13  (Read 14880 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2013, 10:56:05 pm »

5 dozen eggs lasts my wife and i 3 weeks at the most.  we love breakfast for any meal and we do lots of cooking from scratch(for health, not snobbiness).
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2013, 05:11:41 am »

I just ate a tasty scrambled egg sandwich.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2013, 12:24:23 pm »

5 dozen eggs lasts my wife and i 3 weeks at the most.  we love breakfast for any meal and we do lots of cooking from scratch(for health, not snobbiness).

Whoa, do these kids today think that cooking from scratch is snobby?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2013, 02:10:56 pm »

My wife is bad at checking the fridge and pantry before she makes the shopping list, so some weeks I'll get three cartons of chicken broth and then come home to find five already in the pantry and no place to put the new ones.

Last weekend it was like that, but with eggs.  I bought a dozen and this was on top of the full dozen we already had, plus an open carton with six or eight eggs all up ins.  That's the kind of egg supply that leads to gratuitous egg inclusion in all meals.

She makes up for it by having me also buy bacon even if there's nothing on the weekly menu that requires bacon because she says "it doesn't feel right to not have bacon in the house."

I miss the fine beef of Ohio but the fine and plentiful pork of North Carolina is a good thing to make up for it.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2013, 04:44:42 pm »

... she says "it doesn't feel right to not have bacon in the house."
Those are words to live by.  Also sausages.  Sausages are my fast food.  Grilled if it is seasonable, pan fried in inclement weather.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 05:15:59 pm by AugustWest »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2013, 12:10:41 pm »

My wife is bad at checking the fridge and pantry before she makes the shopping list, so some weeks I'll get three cartons of chicken broth and then come home to find five already in the pantry and no place to put the new ones.

Last weekend it was like that, but with eggs.  I bought a dozen and this was on top of the full dozen we already had, plus an open carton with six or eight eggs all up ins.  That's the kind of egg supply that leads to gratuitous egg inclusion in all meals.


Bro, I don't think your wife is the person who is bad at checking the fridge and pantry.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2013, 02:11:54 pm »

"turbo ninja, here's a list of things i need from the store. pick them up on your way home." "you bet, mrs. ninja"
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2013, 07:13:45 pm »

I miss the fine beef of Ohio but the fine and plentiful pork of North Carolina is a good thing to make up for it.

Wait, wait. What? Where are you? When did you move?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2013, 08:42:48 pm »

"turbo ninja, here's a list of things i need from the store. pick them up on your way home." "you bet, mrs. ninja"

This is how it goes, except my wife kept her maiden name.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2013, 08:49:08 pm »

Wait, wait. What? Where are you? When did you move?

We moved from Columbus to Durham in May 2010.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2013, 08:56:35 pm »

We moved from Columbus to Durham in May 2010.

Dude. Dude. We are neighbors. I live in one of the Raleigh 'burbs. How did I not know this?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2013, 05:27:43 pm »

Dude. Dude. We are neighbors. I live in one of the Raleigh 'burbs. How did I not know this?

Because of a problem?

I wasn't posting much then (or even less than usual, I suppose) because of the move and all the associated changes.  I was offered a relocation/promotion within my company and I took the opportunity.  My wife had been laid off from her job just a few months before, our lease in Columbus was month-to-month, and it was as good a time as any to make a new start.

We actually moved to Raleigh first and rented a condo on the north side of town for a year while my wife figured out her career situation.  She landed at Duke, so we moved to Durham in the summer of 2011 because it's easier for me to commute than it was for her.  Also it's a fun place to live.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2013, 07:18:17 pm »

She landed at Duke, so we moved to Durham in the summer of 2011 because it's easier for me to commute than it was for her.  Also it's a fun place to live.

Have you gone to see the lemurs?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2013, 07:57:14 pm »

Because of a problem?

I wasn't posting much then (or even less than usual, I suppose) because of the move and all the associated changes.  I was offered a relocation/promotion within my company and I took the opportunity.  My wife had been laid off from her job just a few months before, our lease in Columbus was month-to-month, and it was as good a time as any to make a new start.

We actually moved to Raleigh first and rented a condo on the north side of town for a year while my wife figured out her career situation.  She landed at Duke, so we moved to Durham in the summer of 2011 because it's easier for me to commute than it was for her.  Also it's a fun place to live.

Indeed it is! We have a good friend who lives in downtown Durham, they're doing lovely things with the urban renewal there.

PM me if you want to get drinks sometime.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2013, 03:15:55 pm »

My friends who live there simply call it "Firstmeal."  You can eat it at 10am or at 2pm and no one cares.

If it's the first meal of the day (or after your customary sleep cycle), then it's friggin' breakfast. BREAK FAST, PORTLAND.

The first meal is always breakfast and the meal after that can be either brunch or lunch depending on how poor I am that day.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up