Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Do we have a "Random" thread?  (Read 90285 times)

0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2014, 02:14:57 am »

I don't have cable so I've been waiting for Inev to come to Netflix.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2014, 04:40:34 am »

back home its like 7/-5 and snowy.  meanwhile its about 40 and cloudy here in oregon.  im not sorry.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2014, 01:22:50 pm »

I could also really hate Boston people (that accent? drivers? rude northeastern attitude?).

Maybe I lived there so long everything just came to seem normal but the Boston area doesn't seem such a rich vein to mine. I think we need to root for Inev in California.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2014, 06:09:55 pm »

As a southerner with Northern roots, the Northeast is mysterious to me. Everything is so close together, and old (for the US), and the people are famously rude. This scares me. My friends from Boston and NYC all seem very sophisticated and grown up. Or rather, they did at 18. My roommate is from Boston, and he says he feels like when he is walking down the street in Boston he always has his guard up. He is amazed that when he is in St Louis people so rarely yell at him. Whereas coming from suburban Charlotte, I am amazed at how often people here yell at me.

I am worried, because I only feel really good about my MIT application. I did that one last, and made big changes to my essay that made it a lot better. The one I sent to Berkeley/UCLA/UNC might have been a little bit of a mess. I tried to talk about too many different things and it got very disjointed.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2014, 06:34:28 pm »

and the people are famously rude.

Maaaaaaaaaan, FUCK you.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2014, 06:45:42 pm »

I am worried, because I only feel really good about my MIT application.

Well if you are forced to get a degree from MIT, I think this is not exactly what you would call a problem.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2014, 11:21:36 pm »

My coworkers daughter just got accepted to MIT and Caltech.  He himself graduated from Caltech, but he's trying not to sway her one way or the other.  Either way, he says, "My bank account is hosed"
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2014, 04:27:52 am »



Don't worry, you can laugh at us when we catch fire.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2014, 04:31:50 am »

The worst is past here in Houston. It's gonna be nice tomorrow.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2014, 04:48:13 pm »



Don't worry, you can laugh at us when we catch fire.

its like 40 degrees here near portland.  thats not bad.  its like, early spring chilliness, AFAIC.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2014, 04:00:08 pm »

There's no way to tell a particular FB friend "You post WAY too many frickin' selfies!" without sounding like a dick, is there?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2014, 04:13:50 pm »

just like there's no way to tell a particular FB friend "you post WAY too many upworthy links" without sounding like a dick.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2014, 04:19:22 pm »

Facebook has become a really nice place to be after I unfollowed 90% of my "friends". A bit uneventful, maybe, but *that's actually a good thing*.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2014, 05:06:51 pm »

I've unfollowed quite a number of people lately. All of the worst offenders are gone. There is still work to do though.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2014, 05:13:28 pm »

There's no way to tell a particular FB friend "You post WAY too many frickin' selfies!" without sounding like a dick, is there?

You think you got it bad.

There's no way to tell a particular FB friend "You post WAY too many links to random Liza Minnelli and/or Davey Jones ephemera" without sounding like a dick, is there?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32   Go Up