Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Do we have a "Random" thread?  (Read 90666 times)

0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2014, 11:05:33 pm »

You jam econo Ash?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2014, 04:59:47 am »

I don't know what the hell y'all are talking about.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2014, 05:39:26 am »

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2014, 02:26:25 am »

HOLY FUCK-BALLS

I really have to think about this.

This may be where I take on my buddy who's been giving me shit about gutting it up and running a half.

If that weren't like, across a continent from me, I could be innerested.

What would this be like if Onstad did it?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2014, 02:35:06 am »

What would this be like if Onstad did it?

Probably something like this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2014, 03:53:35 am »

jesus achewood was good in naughty-six
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2014, 06:47:19 pm »

Did Pam lose a bunch of weight?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2014, 06:57:39 pm »

i'm really enjoying this season. it isn't that she dropped weight, she picked up a habit. the last episode was maybe the best of the season, it really felt like they hit the groove.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2014, 08:41:15 pm »

The following is a snippet of a phone conversation I just had...

"Let me speak to your automotive department, please."

"Do you mean the tire and lube area?"

"Sure."

"We don't have one of those."
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2014, 08:55:23 pm »

That conversation feels very familiar to me, somehow.

I have a lot of strange arguments with customers about where the "restaurant" is. If I tell them where they can get hot food made to order, they come back and complain that it wasn't a restaurant, it was a takeout counter. If I tell them we don't have a restaurant, but we have a takeout counter, they say "that's what I meant!" like I'm being a smartass pedant.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2014, 10:13:52 pm »

Here's the entire conversation...

"Hello, Height's Wal-Mart. How may I help you?"

"Let me speak to your automotive department, please."

"Do you mean the tire and lube area?"

"Sure."

"We don't have one of those. It's just have an automotive department."

(sarcastically) "Okay, let's try that then."

"Hold please."

Wait... Wait... Wait... phone disconnects.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2014, 03:49:26 pm »

^coconut crabs are scary dudes. they'll steal your basketballs and joust with your cats. Thank hoss they largely chill in southeast asia.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2014, 05:44:22 pm »

I wonder if they taste good.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2014, 05:46:59 pm »

There was a survival show where this dude lived on a desert island for 60 days and he ate one of those things. He was happy to have it, but then he'd been eating mainly sticks for the past week so yeah.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2014, 06:57:25 pm »

Quote
...gets his first taste after a night of clubbing with Tahitian transsexuals, but the recipe...
That is not a phrase one sees often.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32   Go Up