Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Do we have a "Random" thread?  (Read 90246 times)

0 Members and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #315 on: March 25, 2016, 05:48:31 pm »

That's because they're boiling us frogs slooow...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #316 on: March 26, 2016, 03:40:52 am »

There might be something to that. I'm still in my 30s, but each year I find it harder to get offended. I don't know how people live that way. Christ, I don't know how I lived that way.

10 years ago I would have been up in arms about this election. Now I'm just like, well, whatever happens hopefully no one fucks anything up too badly.

I was thinking, this probably isn't a very good example of what I'm trying to get at. I don't think it's bad to get worked up over politics, I still have political opinions, and I think a Trump administration and a Sanders administration would turn out differently. How different though depends on many factors.

But I just don't get worked up like I used to, about anything. Probably equal parts learning by example and just having less energy.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #317 on: March 26, 2016, 05:08:40 am »

That's because they're boiling us frogs slooow...

Truly!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #318 on: March 26, 2016, 05:09:36 am »

But I just don't get worked up like I used to, about anything. Probably equal parts learning by example and just having less energy.

Maybe you're just all dead inside.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #319 on: March 26, 2016, 05:11:47 am »

Maybe you're just all dead inside.

I haven't totally ruled that out. Drugs and stuff take their toll.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #320 on: March 26, 2016, 07:44:30 am »

I haven't totally ruled that out. Drugs and stuff take their toll.

Don't I know it!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #321 on: March 30, 2016, 02:27:51 am »

This


makes me laugh so hard every time I think about it. I can't stop.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #322 on: March 30, 2016, 06:30:26 am »

Dudes got some serious blues, man.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #323 on: April 25, 2016, 04:57:55 am »

"I'm about to be done with this paper," the student said, before spending another 12 hours working on it.

...2 of the 3 things I needed to finish this weekend have barely been started. Oops!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #324 on: April 25, 2016, 08:48:18 pm »

Soldier on. It's your last campaign.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #325 on: April 27, 2016, 12:59:49 am »

I turned in the big paper. I did the big presentation and I pulled off the thing I am great at-- it seemed like I had done a lot of research and not formatted my presentation well. When the reality is that I didn't do very much research OR organize my presentation well.

I talked to the professor whose thing I didn't do. He made the "do you know how fuck*ng old I am? You think I am touched by your mortal concerns?" face and said he doesn't care and to send it to him before graduation.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #326 on: April 27, 2016, 01:43:25 am »

Ha. Yeah, whatever you think is your unique snowflake of a problem, he has heard it all before. There are no new excuses for late papers.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #327 on: April 27, 2016, 02:33:46 am »

It wasn't that he does not care about the excuse, it is that he does not care that I missed the deadline. Which is nice. I did not really make an excuse, i just told him that I mismanaged my time and didn't complete it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #328 on: April 27, 2016, 12:30:37 pm »

It wasn't that he does not care about the excuse, it is that he does not care that I missed the deadline. Which is nice. I did not really make an excuse, i just told him that I mismanaged my time and didn't complete it.

The old brutal honesty ploy, eh?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #329 on: April 27, 2016, 02:52:31 pm »

He's heard that one before too.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32   Go Up