Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Do we have a "Random" thread?  (Read 90741 times)

0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #375 on: August 24, 2016, 08:05:43 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #377 on: November 07, 2016, 11:34:46 pm »

Mmm, good carcass quality
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #378 on: November 08, 2016, 05:32:59 am »

That article has been edited.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #379 on: November 22, 2016, 06:55:50 pm »

Holy SHIT. I demand a recording of Brak singing "TV Party" this instant.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #380 on: December 07, 2016, 11:34:09 pm »

Those are some faulty working dog genes on display.  Hopefully spayed/neutered.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #381 on: December 10, 2016, 01:18:32 am »

That's a very satisfying thread.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #382 on: December 17, 2016, 09:59:11 am »

The older I get the more I realize I don't know shit about shit and if I'm lucky I'll live long enough to progress to not knowing jack about squat.

That's a very unusual attitude. In my experience as most people age become more and more out of touch yet somehow think they know more than others.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #383 on: January 26, 2017, 08:41:45 pm »

My lips are dry as hell.  I just switched back to hand rolled cigarettes and blamed that.  This is a thing with the weather though?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #384 on: January 27, 2017, 08:56:48 pm »

Hahaha.  Fuckin' awesome.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #385 on: February 02, 2017, 08:30:17 pm »

Quote from: Asherdan link=topic=6534.msg210721#msg210721 date=1486055881[url=http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/mythbusters-database/brown-note/
brown note[/url]

Good Lord! Wait, was this the secret chord of King David?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #386 on: February 02, 2017, 08:56:22 pm »

I think maybe you're squeezing to hard on that barre chord.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #387 on: February 18, 2017, 08:08:22 pm »

A thing that is driving me crazy: the (at least) 3 different things people mean when they talk about "rights"

1. a legal right. "congress shall make no law..."
Even if, say, a constitutional right is being violated, this right still legally exists. You can appeal to it, like "you are violating my rights."

2. a practical right. "black people gained the right to vote with the Voting Rights Act."
Sure, technically black men got the "right" to vote after the end of the civil war, and black women with the 19th amendment-- but repression was significant enough that this was only a right on paper.

3. a thing I really think people should have. "Health care is a human right."
This is a strong way of saying "in my opinion this is really important." I don't see how this is ever an argument for... anything.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #388 on: February 20, 2017, 07:22:04 pm »

This greeted me at work. Probably not a good sign:


In an epic failure of engineering, the 100+ person building I work in has only one bathroom (well, two, but lawsuits - also they clean both the mens' and womens' simultaneously, so there is no emergency recourse).  Everyone gets testy when it's cleaning time.  And slippery floors be damned, I'm going through the caution tape once the chemical clouds dissipate.
Extra bonus, of the 4 sink basins for washing up, only one hasn't had the faucet completely blocked by hard water deposits.  Not everyone waits in line to wash their hands anymore.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #389 on: March 04, 2017, 08:25:30 pm »

Come on people, apparently Jough rebooted the board while his wife was in the middle of giving birth, and you're not positing anything?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32   Go Up