Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Do we have a "Random" thread?  (Read 90479 times)

0 Members and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #390 on: March 05, 2017, 04:05:08 am »

It takes a minute to gear back up after the board has been down for almost a week.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #391 on: March 06, 2017, 02:43:34 pm »

I am boring and have nothing interesting to say.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #392 on: March 06, 2017, 03:49:54 pm »

I've been playing a lot of dominos at the abandoned zoo.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #393 on: March 06, 2017, 07:56:42 pm »

Is that what you kids are calling it these days.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #394 on: March 06, 2017, 08:40:05 pm »

Lacrosse season is in full swing, so I'm in hot water with the Mrs because it's "lacrosse, lacrosse, lacrosse" as far as she's concerned.  My team this year is more talented on average, but very small.  We started preseason with 10 (and it takes 10 on the field to play a game!), then lost one to hockey playoffs, and a second to a basketball injury.  I've been on the kids to recruit friends, and we've gotten 3 more since then.  Supposedly some of the other coaches are going to hold "Try lacrosse" lunchtime clinics at the local middle schools, and we'll do a couple free weekend ones too.  If I can round up 2 or three more new recruits, and my hurt and hockey-distracted ones come back and contribute, then I could have a decent team halfway through the season.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #395 on: March 07, 2017, 12:55:36 am »

I've been playing a lot of dominos at the abandoned zoo.

I think this statement requires a little more parsing.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #396 on: March 07, 2017, 12:57:37 am »

My dad died. That's been taking me out of things.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #397 on: March 07, 2017, 08:26:51 pm »

I'm sorry Paul, I'll send you good thoughts.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #398 on: March 08, 2017, 09:53:24 pm »

I'm sorry Paul, I'll send you good thoughts.

Thanks, man!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #399 on: March 10, 2017, 02:05:59 am »

It's been two weeks and I'm still thinking of him in the present tense.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #400 on: March 13, 2017, 07:14:25 pm »

Take it up with the President.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #401 on: March 15, 2017, 11:14:58 pm »

This is not the politics thread, but yeah, Trump eats taco salads, literally the lamest form of Mexican food, he takes his steak well done AND with ketchup, he loves KFC, he eats pizza with a fork, also, in that picture it looks like he's hitting on Sarah Palin and she's creeped out, he apparently eats pizza crust first sometimes, he loves McDonald's and all fast food restaurants because he thinks they are cleaner. It must have been a real blow for him when Andrew Pudzner withdrew his name as Labor Secretary.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #402 on: March 16, 2017, 10:43:43 pm »

Probably speed heads aren't who you want to talk to about food?  At least he's not just having like 4 mountain dews and a pack of hi-chews?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #403 on: March 17, 2017, 11:40:43 pm »

Had an Aussie friend that ate tacos with a knife and fork.  Thought it was ridiculous to eat something with your hands that falls apart.  I chose to pick other battles.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #404 on: March 31, 2017, 04:02:28 am »

Had an Aussie friend that ate tacos with a knife and fork.  Thought it was ridiculous to eat something with your hands that falls apart.  I chose to pick other battles.

You know...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32   Go Up