
This strip is another weird instance in which Achewood was all kinds of prescient. The nascent "vaporizer culture" that's springing up in our century's gangly teenage years has seemingly created/responded to an actual demographic of yuppie folk who prefer their dank-smokin' devices marketed by way of an aesthetic that combines a community-college dropout's attempt at "professional and slick" web-design c. 2005 with a conditioned aversion to the colour green.
I guess I just miss the dodgy halcyon days where internet discourse on cannabis was just a couple of Nam-touched dudes running websites as earnest in their sublime ugliness as
this beaut.All that being said, though, I'm a total hypocrite on account of owning one of
these things. The lady got it for me on account of birthday times, and it's a pretty sweet rig that's less tough on the respiratory squeezeboxes than cranking the traditional j-bird. I wonder, though, if Ray and Lyle had a hand in its promotional angle, because the Vapman's copy will just not shut up about how god damn SWISS this thing supposedly is.
I cannot verify its Swissness on account of my only point of comparison being certain brands of bottled mineral water.