I've heard the phrase, but I think it's a ridiculous assertion that variation in human behavior is a recent development or indicative of the future path of the species. I think it may be true that the society we have developed fits people to different degrees, and we have seen the opportunities for those who might have been good scouts, spiritualists, or manual laborers be replaced by occupations that require long apprenticeships for intellectual specialization (including what we do daily with computers). I don't know what the future of human evolution will look like, but the pressures that normally drive adaptation would seem to be largely blunted by the civilization we have achieved. I doubt any observable change happens in time scales we can comprehend. Archaeology has found plenty of ancient human remains that are indistinguishable from our contemporaries, even in features that appear to be "on the way out" (little toes or wisdom teeth) or could substantially increase fitness with changes (lower backs).