Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker  (Read 20136 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2013, 01:14:11 am »

Ima just stand over here looking silently vigilant.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2013, 01:43:08 am »

ain't nothin more stoic than a sunny-side up egg. yolk all silently jigglin. a couple cubes of kosher salt just there. i'm gettin shivers.

Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2013, 01:47:33 am »

Gotta eat them quick though, or they turn hell of nasty.  Throw on some Tabasco, a couple quick swipes with the knife, and shovel that bad boy down before it suddenly becomes loogie-like and makes you gag.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2013, 02:26:15 am »

Gotta dip the toast in that motherfucker too. Only time I like a good ol slab of white toast with margarine is when it's dipped into a yolk.

And the tabasco is spot on. If you can get the brownish chipotle stuff, all the better.

...And another conversation derailed. And here I was sayin' I'd leave.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2013, 02:58:55 am »

this is the weirdest off-topic spiral in a long time. i love it. bechdel to egg metaphor in five pages or fewer.

"choop stamp of approval 2013"
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2013, 03:46:53 am »

Deja, the counterfactual you are rejecting is also known as the "golden rule." Maybe colmore did not phrase this clearly enough. That is what he is asking. If it were the other way around (an easier formulation might be "if you were a woman") would you still think depictions of women (type, quality, number) were a stupid thing to care about? It is not necessary to go through all the possible ways this could happen. It does not matter whether it is, in fact, impossible.


Ash, I think part of our differential reactions to Molly might have to do with our personal degrees or types of self-loathing. When people are mean or critical to me most of the time I think I deserve it. Especially when it is ostensibly someone who likes/loves me. I think I am getting better at this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2013, 11:12:04 am »

Maybe colmore did not phrase this clearly enough.

I hope you understand why it doesn't pay to try and divine the occult processes that happen in written exchanges. I see only words on the screen, so if your mouth writes a cheque, your brain better be prepared to cash it.

(...)would you still think depictions of women (type, quality, number) were a stupid thing to care about?

That is all nice and well, but what if the above had never happened? I never said this, or have implied it. I took exception at one dunderhead box-ticking test and that is all (I don't even know why you keep picking this bone. This discussion has reached its point of diminishing returns a long time ago -- and the returns were already dysmally minimal to begin with. Guys, I'm cool with whatever you wanna think about whatever. But if you're gonna take some cheapo potshots and try to casually diss and dismiss something I like without even worrying about providing a good case, I will think you're an arrogant little punk, and may let you know, and really, is that so unexpected, or even, worth all the arm-flailing about?)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 11:26:47 am by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2013, 02:00:32 pm »

Or we could talk about eggs.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2013, 02:58:10 pm »

what is it about poached eggs i just don't care for? i ought to like them, but i'd rather have a runnier yolk and a crispier white. like, why have eggs benedict when you could drop a sunny on that muffin instead, pop some regular bacon (not that canadian ham) on there, and just skip the hollandaise
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2013, 03:16:49 pm »

I really don't get the appeal of eggs benny either, but poached eggs have their uses. A lentil soup of a good mid-level thickness for instance, almost always benefits from a poached egg deposited right in the centre of the bowl. Sticking the spoon in a bowl of hot black and finding that delightful gush of yolk is one way to set the rest of your day straight
The way I see it, poaching an egg is just a way of ensuring that the yolk gets delivered to another dish, all hot and liquidy, without it spilling everywhere. The questionable consistency of the white is more so an afterthought.

This advice, however, is rooted in prejudice.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2013, 03:36:39 pm »

Now I'm craving that toast I used to have which had a hole and what I suppose could only have been an angel's egg in it, so soft and creamy it was. Also, ever since I read/watched "Thermae Romae" I have been wanting to try an onsen tamago (eggs which are heated for a loong time in lower temperatures). Usually they keep them in the bottom of thermal springs for the bathers. Apparently the texture gets otherworldy.



Damn. What is the onomatopoeia for simultaneous sexual arousal and hunger? Whatever it is, I'm doing it right now.

Onsen tamago at home: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZE4cCncih8
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2013, 03:48:42 pm »

And here I thought there was nothing more to learn about eggs. This looks delicious! I'm making some kimchi stew tonight and I wanna make one of these suckers with it!
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2013, 05:33:17 pm »

Deja, did you see the live human movie of Thermae Romae? I saw it on the plane from Japan last year and I wish I could find it online. I haven't read it or seen the anime.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2013, 07:40:44 pm »

Over Medium is the most underrated way of fixing eggs, with or without toast.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2013, 08:05:44 pm »

Over Medium is the most underrated way of fixing eggs, with or without toast.

Okay, I'm taking you seriously again.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up