Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker  (Read 20160 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2013, 07:59:31 am »

<shit about eggs, also cigarettes, also weed>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBHoMvq_tmY</shit about eggs, also cigarettes, also weed>
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2013, 08:27:53 am »

A-CAP you got some shit to learn about eggs man
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2013, 08:55:27 am »

<shit about eggs, also cigarettes, also weed>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBHoMvq_tmY</shit about eggs, also cigarettes, also weed>

It's funny he should mention Happy Days because Jackson Browne really jumped the shark with this song.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2013, 02:15:27 pm »

I believe that smoking cigarettes raises the level of black bile in the body, and to a lesser extent, phlegm.  This leads to an imbalance in the four humours and we all know how painful that can be.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2013, 02:31:03 pm »

Wombat was getting into comics when she invented A-cap. A family who always lie outside the normal distribution.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2013, 02:31:21 pm »

I believe that smoking cigarettes raises the level of black bile in the body, and to a lesser extent, phlegm.  This leads to an imbalance in the four humours and we all know how painful that can be.

A good leeching will fix that right up.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2013, 03:47:02 pm »

After smoking marijuana for ten years, the only noticeable effect in me is (sorry) the phlegm. Gross, but not lethal. As long as I'm smoking it's here to stay, I'm afraid (it seems to go away by itself if I spend a long-ish period without smoking). Having seen the blackish, tar-like substance that accrues in the hard surfaces of smoking implements, it's not a big stretch of imagination to visualize that same shit in my alveoli. From here onwards it'll be just guessisms, but yeah, that hot smoke can't be good for your pipes. I kinda dread having a medical exam in my throat area, and everytime I have a little painful lump there (I'm constantly having inflammed throat because I have intermittent cold/flu) I start choosing epitaphs (Dejavroom - "Living and Learning").

But hey, apparently vaporizers are mellower on you: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aSb5k1hOcI. All the high, none of the burn.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 03:53:51 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2013, 11:25:25 pm »

I feel like these discussions about pot and its physical benefits/problems are only looking at like 30% of the picture. How you feel, be it in 'regular life' or on a given substance, is physical as well. And the effects of a drug on one's mental health is a huge, huge part of whether using a given substance frequently ultimately confers positive or negative benefits on its user in the long term.

[N.B. my total prejudice re: this matter——see below]

 I stopped smoking weed about three months ago. Weed was amazing the first time I tried it, one of the most bizarre and psychedelic experienced of my entire life. It continued being fun, albeit with diminishing returns, for about half a year after that. After that, I continued smoking pot for four years. All it did was fuck with my sleep cycle, wig out my eating habits, and exacerbate some underlying depressive tendencies that, after an amount of abstinence, seem to have receded, thank god.

So for me, was pot an ultimately harmful thing? Well, my body's probably fine. Hell, I vaped the stuff! I may have even staved off cancer or something, who knows. What I DO know, however, is that I wouldn't have wasted four years of my life being a relative zombie, watching movies and eating corn chips, had I smoked cigarettes. I may have even done something worthwhile!

Alcohol is far worse than pot to your health and organs or whatever, but at least the occasional imbibement results in me going out with the lady and making some new friends, listening to cool music, or discovering something I enjoy.

This little anecdote, though, comes with the caveat that neurodiversity is a real thing, and I myself have known people for whom marijuana is a real gift. I guess all I'm trying to say is that any discussion about whether a given drug is 'healthier' than another is a pretty naive one unless it takes the drug's mental and behaviour-altering effects into consideration.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 11:30:45 pm by ianmalcolm2 »
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2013, 01:54:54 am »

ianmalcolm2 what is your problem? Can't you see were trying to talk about achewood? Move your personal issues and opinions to reddit where someone gives a fuck. Stop polluting this achewood board with your dribbles.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2013, 02:10:05 am »

I thought we were talking about eggs.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2013, 02:18:01 am »

I thought we were talking about eggs.

I'm just glad we're talking at all. Normally the conversation peters out by about Tuesday.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2013, 02:47:16 am »

I am a much happier person when I smoke a lot of pot than I am when I drink a lot.  Nicer, skinnier and healthier too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2013, 03:21:40 am »

Well shit, then! At least the conversation's lively. And hey, I'm always happy to mix my dribbles with everyone else's. And even if my sarcasm-detector is off, are A-Cap's own pan-drippings always so sour?
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2013, 03:27:46 am »

And AugustWest, that's totally cool——and covered by the caveat in my own turgid rant. I only wish weed did that to me. I guess the only point I'm really trying to make is that sometimes substances can be bad for your brain and not for your body.

But speaking of eggs.... how the fuck do you scramble them? Assholes keep telling me I'm doing it wrong.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 03:45:35 am by ianmalcolm2 »
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up