Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do You Realize?  (Read 7206 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Do You Realize?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2004, 03:25:36 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Well, Sir Paul's getting up in years you know.  He's got to save for retirement and all that...


He can't afford to retire now, he's got a new baby and a trophy wife to pay for.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Do You Realize?
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2004, 04:21:01 am »

Listening to the commentary track on the "Royal Tenenbaums" DVD, Wes Anderson said that he had wanted to include the Beatles rendition of "Hey Jude" in the film but Sir Paul refused.  So they had Mark Mothersbaugh record a version, which was VERY good and really made the scene.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Do You Realize?
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2004, 03:45:33 am »

Oh god, Jough, you really shouldn't get into Wes Anderson's soundtracks when I'm around... I have this unfortunate propensity to turn into a slavering geek when he's mentioned, and the soundtracks are among the best parts of his films.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Do You Realize?
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2004, 07:02:14 am »

I mentioned it just for you.

I consider Anderson to be one of the best filmmakers of his generation, right up there with the other Anderson, Paul Thomas Anderson, David Fincher, Neil LaBute, David O. Russell, Atom Egoyan, Todd Solandz, Quentin Tarantino, Roger Avary, Steven Soderbergh, Spike Jonze, Tom Tykver, Sophia Coppola, Sam Mendes, Richard Linklater, Alex Proyas, Alexander Payne, Guy Ritchie, Peter Jackson, Robert Rodriquez, Christopher Nolan, Baz Luhrmann, Darren Aronofsky, Bryan Singer, etc.

Did I leave out any talented young auteurs?

Ah yes.

And Michael Bay.  The giant.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Do You Realize?
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2004, 09:31:05 am »

Damn Jough. Erm, perfect list. I agree with al of them.
Oh but you missed off some of the other older crowd, like I'd put Gilliam on there, and Hiyao Miyazaki, and Shinichiro Watanabe.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up