Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'  (Read 3855 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jsv

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
« on: December 20, 2013, 11:45:47 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12202013

Here ya go chumps

Also, was charts also one of Charles Mingus's cats?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 01:21:31 pm by AugustWest »
Logged

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: January 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 01:00:38 pm »

Aww this is nice. And Penny's getting a voice of her own, too. It's just a shame her character is drawn so weirdly.

Also, maybe I'm just a stupid person, but did anybody else have trouble with 'mat-ching'? Here I was, googling all this new age chi shit before I sobered up and realized that line-end hyphenation was a thing.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 01:22:13 pm »

Here in the states it's still December.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 01:39:40 pm »

I'm an old soggy fart getting eye mist because of 2 badly drawn bears hugging. Now, now, Deja. Emotions.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Septanuary 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 01:40:25 pm »

Fuck man, I drank myself back in time last night!
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 01:43:54 pm »

"HI, I'M ELDER BOBBY! DO YOU WANT TO HEAR GOD'S GOOD NEWS?"

Too close. Too fuck*ng close > <
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 02:37:44 pm »

This. This was nice.

Poignant.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 06:27:22 pm »

Apparently I am the only one who was totally weirded out by this. What the hell kind of person hugs a stranger in a Goodwill?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 06:52:40 pm »

yeah, and for so long. Why would it be weird to shake her hand? I shake peoples' hands on first dates if I haven't met them in person. They ALWAYS love it.

Yesterday a girl I have been on a few dates with came in when I was at work, and my coworker basically said that I am punching way above my weight, and I must have some secret charm weapons.
(I'm going to take the compliment, but also this coworker is not interested in scrawny white guys so I'm going to also say that I am HANDSOME.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 07:11:13 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 08:08:50 pm »

Apparently I am the only one who was totally weirded out by this. What the hell kind of person hugs a stranger in a Goodwill?

But they're not strangers! They're long lost soooooooooooulmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaates.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 09:05:21 pm »

Here in the states it's still December.

JSV must be in Australia.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 07:28:36 am »

schli·ma·zel also shli·ma·zel  (shl-mäzl)
n. Slang
An extremely unlucky or inept person; a habitual failure.
Yiddish shlimazl

-copied and pasted from the first thing google came up with.

Hmmm... I feel like that word is going to come back around on me in the old internal monologue.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 03:03:10 pm »

schli·ma·zel also shli·ma·zel  (shl-mäzl)
n. Slang
An extremely unlucky or inept person; a habitual failure.
Yiddish shlimazl


Anyone who grew up in the 70s knows that word.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 03:16:14 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLsukIsrcMI This video should clear things up.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 03:22:35 pm »

Yiddish : Everyday Foibles :: Eskimo : Snow
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up