Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Like how we experience Led Zeppelin, or family - January 10 2014  (Read 8556 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

For me, that's how I experience apple pie.
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01102014

Lots of thread titles in this one. things are looking up.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Like how we experience Led Zeppelin, or family - January 10 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 12:48:16 pm »

What's the photo on his phone? I assume that's a reference I'm not getting.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: Like how we experience Led Zeppelin, or family - January 10 2014
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 01:25:47 pm »

Ian Curtis, lead miserablist for Joy Division.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Like how we experience Led Zeppelin, or family - January 10 2014
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 01:59:38 pm »

The roommates panel is the single best thing about this strip.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Like how we experience Led Zeppelin, or family - January 10 2014
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 02:09:14 pm »

this one, finally, feels like a return to form. there's a dash of surreal in this strip that's been missing for a long while - i don't know why it feels that way, i just looked back and there it is sprinkled throughout, but something about the roommates panel and the last one just makes this feel more like achewood than the strip has since its most recent revival.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Like how we experience Led Zeppelin, or family - January 10 2014
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 02:17:07 pm »

The only dude who's afraid to introduce a ladyfriend to Mr. Bear is a dude who's afraid that she'll like Cornelius more.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Like how we experience Led Zeppelin, or family - January 10 2014
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 03:01:10 pm »

During the 2000's I used to have Téodor's bedroom.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Like how we experience Led Zeppelin, or family - January 10 2014
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 03:23:59 pm »

I judge my life by how long I could theoretically go in a new relationship without my partner realizing I'm a total mess.

I think I'm at 2 or 3 weeks right now.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Like how we experience Led Zeppelin, or family - January 10 2014
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 09:18:35 pm »

The first strip to acknowledge that C. Bear is only badass within a closed roommate system, and is not a guy you would like a potential suitor to know you live with. I lived with such a type for a bit. It was a cockblock.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Like how we experience Led Zeppelin, or family - January 10 2014
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 02:13:54 am »

Think about it, if there's an "awesome" 65 year old alcoholic who hangs out with a bunch of pretty unaccountable 30-somes who also hang out with a serial killer and a guardian-less child, do you think the other silver-hairs really think he's the hot shit?

Like, think about the college guys who showed up to your high school parties.  How cool were they?
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Like how we experience Led Zeppelin, or family - January 10 2014
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 02:34:34 am »

We are talking about Cornelius Bear, right? The man bear who won the bad ass games? The one who pulled a stripper, to the amazement of Ray? The one who owns a bar? This is the guy you are talking about being uncool?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Like how we experience Led Zeppelin, or family - January 10 2014
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 02:42:35 am »

Oh I'd hang out with Cornelius at the drop of a hat.  I'd be a regular at his bar.  But I also hope that in my twilight years I'm not dating a stripper.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Like how we experience Led Zeppelin, or family - January 10 2014
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 02:44:25 am »

a closed roommate system,

An interesting and valuable concept.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Like how we experience Led Zeppelin, or family - January 10 2014
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 02:48:21 am »

The closed roommate system is basically every "scene" anywhere.  I used to hang out with my town's punks.  Everyone lived with everyone else at some point or another.  Weird social norms start to develop in that sort of milieu.  You don't realize it until you try to bring an outsider into your life.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Like how we experience Led Zeppelin, or family - January 10 2014
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 03:17:27 am »

But I also hope that in my twilight years I'm not dating a stripper.

When you're his age you're gonna wish you were dating a stripper.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up