Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie  (Read 4049 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« on: March 18, 2014, 05:36:02 pm »

And it's going to Suck! Actually, that clip looks pretty fun, but there's not enough information to make any assumptions on what the movie is going to be like. But seriously, what are the chances it's not going to suck? I hope I'm wrong because I do indeed love Peanuts.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 05:53:33 pm by Choop »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 05:53:47 pm »

fixed the topic, i mean it was right there

but i think the link is beyond repair
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 06:59:20 pm »

Overcommercializing the Peanuts gang?  Like that would ever happen.

Rats.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 08:26:22 pm »

Disney has wisely reintroduced Mickey M-O-U-S-E to younger viewers, with the Clubhouse show and with some new animated shorts in a more modern style. I think that was long overdue, as long as Mickey was still going to be the central character of their theme parks. Starting with my generation, I think a lot of people went "Wait, why do we give a shit about this Mickey character, other than you telling us to?" because they had no attachment to earlier cartoons.

Same deal here. I suspect that younger generations don't understand what's the big deal about Peanuts, and in order to keep their merchandising gravy train going they'd better get kids excited about Snoopy again.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 08:35:47 pm »

fixed the topic, i mean it was right there.

That was definitely an oversight on my part. Thanks for picking up my slack.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 09:06:17 pm »

Disney has wisely reintroduced Mickey M-O-U-S-E to younger viewers, with the Clubhouse show and with some new animated shorts in a more modern style. I think that was long overdue, as long as Mickey was still going to be the central character of their theme parks. Starting with my generation, I think a lot of people went "Wait, why do we give a shit about this Mickey character, other than you telling us to?" because they had no attachment to earlier cartoons.

Same deal here. I suspect that younger generations don't understand what's the big deal about Peanuts, and in order to keep their merchandising gravy train going they'd better get kids excited about Snoopy again.

I think that Star Wars is a scam on my generation by people who are 40-50 and saw it when they were 10. 

I mean, it's alright if your 10 I guess?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 09:18:55 pm »

my 10 what
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 09:19:57 pm »

Well yeah, you guys totally got burned by Star Wars. And your children are about to get burned by Peanuts.

By the way, I was 15 when the first Star Wars movie came out and I was probably 16 or possibly 17 before I actually got to see it because it was only showing at one Theater for at least a year so there was always a line out the door. My Dad took me down there twice, but we left both times when we saw the line. Eventually they released it to the rest of the city and I finally got to see it. This was at the dawn of the multiplex era. I saw the Movie at Greenspoint Mall which had an amazing 4 screens.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 09:27:11 pm »

I think that Star Wars is a scam on my generation by people who are 40-50 and saw it when they were 10. 

I mean, it's alright if your 10 I guess?

If you're ten and you've haven't seen all the movies that came after it. It was a moment in history, you know?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 11:25:59 pm »

I saw the originals first...it was definitely a moment in time, I can appreciate that.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 04:21:10 am »

They're making a movie about that dog in the MetLife ads?
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2014, 07:32:21 pm »

The new trailer for the Peanuts movie doesn't suck. In fact there's one scene that really warmed my heart. I know it's a trick to get my hopes up. I'm not going to fall for it Peanuts movie.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2014, 09:13:49 pm »

Don't fall for it. The trailer always shows the best parts. It's all downhill from there.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2014, 10:31:38 pm »

I went to see Big Hero Six with the family on Veteran's Day (what?) and at one point before the movie started I felt like I was going to have to shut my eyes, stick my fingers in my ears, and loudly sing "la, la, la, la" with the spoilery 3 minute trailers for upcoming films they were showing.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up