Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 71   Go Down

Author Topic: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...  (Read 162185 times)

0 Members and 48 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2015, 11:59:16 pm »

Quote
hipster spice
I was annoyed by this phrase, but guess what I just called a grocery store asking for over the weekend...

sometimes a guy just wants a nice middle eastern spice blend.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2015, 12:01:26 am »

...none of them came to eat my foods.

One cool girl came and brought her incredibly cute friend. They did not eat and left early. All of my roommates' friends came. Blah.

Pity can?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2015, 12:03:05 am »

I have a bad case of Resting Angry-Asshole Face.

To be fair, you also frequently have active angry-asshole face as well.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2015, 12:43:31 pm »

Whadda ya think about that as a starting point for beef ribs slow smoked for about 8 hours?

Why are you even asking us that?!? Go! Do!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2015, 05:39:29 pm »

Brown liquor + Pork = Good Weekend
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2015, 05:36:09 am »

Roommates saw/heard a penis the other day, freaked out, called the landlord. He sent an exterminator who said he didn't see any evidence of rodents in our apartment, and maybe one snuck in to check things out from elsewhere. He suspected they may be in the basement.

Just walked into the kitchen and saw a tail sticking out from under the sink. I don't think mice have tails like that. That is a fuck*ng enormous rat.

Fuck.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2015, 12:52:03 pm »

Living out in the country, we get rodents occasionally, especially when it starts to get cold.  Glue traps are kind of cruel, but work well for mice.  Old fashioned Victor snap traps take care of rats.  Watch your damn fingers though.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2015, 03:56:15 pm »

Great exterminator, if he could miss a whole rat.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #188 on: September 17, 2015, 04:38:57 pm »

Well, I think the rat is coming up through some hole somewhere, from the basement.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #189 on: September 17, 2015, 05:43:45 pm »

They leave evidence though, unless literally all it's doing is sticking its head out to say hi and leaving. Aside from droppings they leave smudges along the walls where they run and you might see places where they chew on stuff.

Rats are really interesting animals and I have a lot of respect for them in the abstract, but damn if seeing one nearby does not make me totally panic. We've had them in the yard sometimes when big construction projects nearby have displaced them. If there was one in the house, I might just move the hell out.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #190 on: September 17, 2015, 06:36:58 pm »

To be fair, I used to kill mice with my bare hands for part of my living. So I do have some rodent murdering cred. But only the small ones.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #191 on: September 17, 2015, 06:52:38 pm »

Quote
Rats are really interesting animals and I have a lot of respect for them in the abstract, but damn if seeing one nearby does not make me totally panic. We've had them in the yard sometimes when big construction projects nearby have displaced them. If there was one in the house, I might just move the hell out.

Yeah, when I have seen rats walking around in NYC (eating food on the subway tracks, popping out of garbage cans) I only think "huh what an interesting animal!" But seeing one when my guard is down, inside my house, is too much.

Have I told you guys my punk band name, Rat Park? And/or "Rats in the Park." This is now the top choice because I decided "Vacancy Decontrol" is too similar to the band "SS Decontrol."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2015, 06:39:03 pm »

I vote for the palms.

(Obviously no point in voting for "just chill.")
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #193 on: September 19, 2015, 12:46:31 pm »

Seriously, though, I forgot that much beer?

Troubling...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #194 on: September 19, 2015, 12:47:52 pm »

How much beer do you have to drink to forget that much beer?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 71   Go Up