Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 71   Go Down

Author Topic: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...  (Read 162127 times)

0 Members and 47 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #255 on: January 01, 2016, 01:50:44 pm »

Sorry. Awesome metaphor though.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #256 on: January 01, 2016, 04:27:22 pm »

I am not sure why I had to torture the metaphor so much when all I needed was "that moment when it feels fine and then the weight hits."

I know it feels different every time you fall for someone new, but this was a really big one.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #257 on: January 02, 2016, 12:50:29 am »

Also, thanks guys.

The good news is that this has soured my trip enough that i no longer feel the urge to move back here. Which is probably healthy. I can come back in a few years maybe, but now is the time to try out a bigger pond.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #258 on: January 02, 2016, 04:48:48 am »

Whoa.  Dang.  Sorry Inev.  Sucks to get shot down, but kudos to you for having the guts to tell her what you feel.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #259 on: January 02, 2016, 03:40:04 pm »

Today I'm getting lunch with the first girl I ever told you guys about and her husband. I eventually got over her rejecting me and we still have a great friendship. Her husband is a little stiff for my taste but he's a good guy, and I shed a tear of happiness at their wedding. So this too will pass.

For the moment though, I am being a little distant (with the friend who rejected me on new year's ). So much of our friendship was based on me being overly attentive and trying to charm her. I guess it will find its level eventually. She is unfortunately the person I talk to the most, and that will probably change.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #260 on: January 04, 2016, 04:01:14 am »

Well, she changed her FB picture to a picture i took of her, so that's nice.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #261 on: January 07, 2016, 01:47:10 am »

Well, she changed her FB picture to a picture i took of her, so that's nice.

You've got that going for you, which is nice.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #262 on: January 07, 2016, 09:43:17 pm »

Making some dumplings and the recipe said the closest thing to Chinese Ham in the US is Smithfield Jowl Bacon. I got some, and holy cow.... this is some dank bacon.

This jowl bacon and gouda on some homemade bread, damn.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robocop

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 38
  • It's Spaghetti Time!
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2016, 01:15:27 am »

Today my SO accidentally broke the Simpsons themed drinking glass that I've had for about 25 years. It was unlicensed, heavy, and undoubtedly full of that beautiful cancer-causing lead. It was the only thing I knew from how to drink water. The paint was worn, but I could still clearly make out a too-dumb-to-judge Homer as my unfortunate shirtless body stumbled toward it in the middle of the night. Now it lives in a thousand tiny shards, burrowed into the greying grout of the kitchen floor.

I feel more despair than when my pa passed a few years back.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2016, 02:15:30 am »

Maybe not the saddest thing, but definitely sad.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #265 on: January 15, 2016, 12:04:10 am »

Just got back from a few days visiting a friend in Portland-- no, the other one. Portland Maine. It's really cute, has great food, and the weather was not totally awful (28 degrees with 4 inches of snow is mild up there).

The inev report: every woman my age in Portland, Maine, has long hair in a bun, stylishly ugly glasses, and is wearing a lot of layers at all times. They all seemed like the kind of girl who would give well-executed homemade presents on holidays. This has been the inev report.

Also got a Loudon Wainwright III album for 5 bucks. My kinda town.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #266 on: January 15, 2016, 06:32:58 am »

You gotta turn up the heat to get those layers to come off.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robocop

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 38
  • It's Spaghetti Time!
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #267 on: January 15, 2016, 08:26:53 pm »

Inev, hope you were watching out for D-Money, Smoothie, and Shifty.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #268 on: January 19, 2016, 01:26:57 am »

Inev, hope you were watching out for D-Money, Smoothie, and Shifty.

Nice!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robocop

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 38
  • It's Spaghetti Time!
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #269 on: January 19, 2016, 02:23:49 am »

Flip switch = light goes on

There are many instances in my life where I'd expected and wanted this to happen, yet it didn't. I should be more thankful for the times that it does.

Then again, I was once thrown off of a ladder and across a set by touching the housing of an improperly grounded light, so my respect for electricity is primarily based around fear.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 71   Go Up