Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 71   Go Down

Author Topic: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...  (Read 162119 times)

0 Members and 48 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #435 on: April 28, 2016, 05:45:18 pm »

Wait, Mumford and Sons have ditched the banjos? I didn't know that. That is worth checking out.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #436 on: April 28, 2016, 05:46:42 pm »


the widow-lady neighbour was talking to the youngest kid over the fence yesterday. i guess she noticed me making with the mucho construction and was curious. when the kid told her it was for garden and chickens she asked 'no pigs or cows?' and the boy told he nope just cluck-clucks.

I hope she enjoys that feeling of relief for one more turn of the seasons because the kid forgot to add "Not yet."

And don't forget the GOATS.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #437 on: April 28, 2016, 06:28:58 pm »

As far as I can tell you fear nothing else in the universe, and goats are what does it for you?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #438 on: April 28, 2016, 06:50:59 pm »

Naaaaaaah.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #439 on: April 28, 2016, 09:32:53 pm »

Are we sure that is a goat in the first video? The head looks like a sheep to me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #440 on: April 29, 2016, 04:53:47 am »

Next year she's teaching a class on research methods that I wish I could take. And a new professor is teaching a class on spatial analysis computer programming stuff.

No, bad Inev.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #441 on: April 30, 2016, 04:51:02 am »

Definitely a sheep.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #442 on: April 30, 2016, 05:07:24 pm »

So, president Obama is giving our commencement address. My family (parents and siblings) are insisting that we go, and I keep repeating that if we go one of them will have to stay home. I only get 3 guest tickets.

To me the answer is obvious: we don't go. There is a graduation ceremony for my actual program the day before where I will receive my diploma, a classmate will speak, they can meet my professors and friends, etc.

They are coming from all over (Boston, Iowa, North Carolina) to visit me and I'm not making one of them sit in my apartment for a couple hours so the rest of us can see the president talk, and probably see a lot of Rutgers people who I don't know give speeches and stuff. But they all want to go.

I am trying to decide if it's within my rights, since it's my graduation, to tell them "sorry, we aren't going."


Talked to my boss at my internship in the city, and she said she thinks there will be lots of turnover at the NYC planning and housing agencies in the fall because elections are coming up. Unfortunately, my lease on my place in Jersey ends at the end of July, so I need to find a job before then. This is making me imagine what will happen if I don't find something by the time I need to move out. Yikes.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 05:24:44 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #443 on: April 30, 2016, 06:19:59 pm »

To me the answer is obvious: we don't go.

Then you are dumb. It's the dang PRESIDENT. And a chance to celebrate something you've accomplished. We don't get enough of those in this life. Enjoy them while you can.

Don't have enough tickets? Take your parents, then draw one of your siblings' names out of a hat.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #444 on: April 30, 2016, 07:07:40 pm »

Can one of your siblings pretend they are you, the other three use the guest tickets, and you stay home? Then everyone's happy.

I don't think it's your place to decide. That seems kind of Bridezilla-y to me. Anyway it may be your graduation but it's their chance to see the President, and he outranks you.

I do think it's fair to make them work out who has to stay home. However, are you absolutely sure that you don't have a single classmate who isn't using one of their tickets?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #445 on: April 30, 2016, 07:38:26 pm »

I gotta pile on here. You should go.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #446 on: April 30, 2016, 09:41:32 pm »

Well, now it's not letting me get any tickets at all. What a mess. It says "register a maximum of three guests" but when I apply for 3 tickets it says it's over the maximum.

LOL, parts of the site are not working because they require cookies. I am on a Rutgers Computer Lab computer.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 09:47:13 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #447 on: May 02, 2016, 08:23:35 pm »

Can one of your siblings pretend they are you, the other three use the guest tickets, and you stay home? Then everyone's happy.

My first thought!
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #448 on: May 02, 2016, 08:56:25 pm »

Well, my possible ticket for my brother fell through. So I am going to tell him he can wear my glasses and graduation gown if he wants to go.

Surprise: my family are acting shocked that I can't find another ticket for him. Because they thought I was just being dramatic when i said someone would not be able to go.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:51:38 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #449 on: May 07, 2016, 05:46:41 pm »

A really great surprise I set up for myself was sprung today. When I left St Louis my comic artist friend told us he was getting rid of all his old drawings and that they were free, first come first serve. I got about ten of them and packed them in a box with old ticket stubs, postcards, and other "memory" stuff like that when I moved. Then today I remembered they were in there and got them out. I totally forgot which ones I had... they include multiple concert posters he drew for local bands, the original drawing of the back cover of his first printed comic, and a number of his weekly drawings. I remember him drawing each of them when we lived together, and some of them even happened in front of me when we would go to the coffee shop together while I was studying to apply to grad school. Damn.

Otherwise, I am in a freaked-out mental state that I always achieve when I finish a semester of school. I feel so free that I can't focus on anything. Playing a lot of video games and reading about cheap laptops-- my 6 year old macbook is on its last legs. I'm thinking I want to replace it with something super light and durable-- maybe a chromebook? And then eventually build a cheap desktop PC for games and stuff. It's crazy that in 2016 I think I can have a pretty good desktop PC and ultra light laptop for less than the price of my last computer.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 71   Go Up