Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 71   Go Down

Author Topic: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...  (Read 162246 times)

0 Members and 47 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #630 on: October 27, 2016, 07:34:46 pm »

I got the job. losing it rn.

I start in a month. Apartment search starts now.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #631 on: October 27, 2016, 08:06:47 pm »

OMG OMG OMG!!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #632 on: October 27, 2016, 08:08:32 pm »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #633 on: October 27, 2016, 09:00:17 pm »

The woman who called totally played me too. She went into some "we really appreciate your time, thank you for your application, we thought you were very qualified" before finishing with "and we'd like to offer you the job."

I keep thinking I must have misunderstood somehow and I didn't get it, but you don't tell the person you're rejecting what the salary and start date are.

(it is an amount of money that sounds insane to me, but I'm told in NYC is not very much.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #634 on: October 27, 2016, 09:25:31 pm »

Yay!!! Inev with money in his pocket!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #635 on: October 27, 2016, 10:32:19 pm »

I am really ridiculously excited about this.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #636 on: October 28, 2016, 12:07:53 am »

Me too!

My friend had a lead on a surprisingly cheap place (living with 4 other guys with 1 bathroom, south of Prospect Park) but the spot had already been taken. Luckily I have a month to obsess about finding a place.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 03:33:09 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #637 on: October 30, 2016, 06:20:00 pm »

I keep having these little aftershocks of stunned happiness when I realize more things. I can sell my car! I can go home for the whole week for Thanksgiving! (the job starts the last week of November or first of December)

The apartment search is already stressing me the f out though. All of my other apartment desires are falling by the wayside, I just want to live with someone I like, and without a hellish commute.

Do you guys want to take over/under on how long I work there before impostor syndrome sets in?

Well, it already kind of is, because they never sent me the information they said they were sending me, or called me back about when I can come sign the contract. WHAT IF IT'S ALL A MISTAKE.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #638 on: October 31, 2016, 05:46:07 am »

It's not a mistake.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #639 on: October 31, 2016, 04:45:28 pm »

Congratulations!  You're gonna do great.  You'll make mistakes, but they will a) make you better at what you do and b) won't spell the end of your career or the death knell of your company. In my experience, it isn't the people who care too much that get themselves fired.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #640 on: October 31, 2016, 07:11:41 pm »

New York City Planner, huh? Can you do something about Donald Trump?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #641 on: October 31, 2016, 10:03:43 pm »

I'll take him down. Don't worry.

Maybe I'm going up Wednesday to look at a ridiculous hipster apartment in a loft. This place looks super over the top but it's affordable and a 4 month lease... so if I hate it i can find someplace to move.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #642 on: November 04, 2016, 07:53:03 am »

I'll take him down. Don't worry.

We're counting on you, man.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #643 on: November 04, 2016, 04:56:35 pm »

The very first place I visited was great and the people liked me and want me to move in. I'm taking it and not second guessing. It's tiny and gorgeous and reasonably placed  for the area... done.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #644 on: November 05, 2016, 08:53:24 pm »

Shit is already getting overly complicated with starting the job, moving, signing lease, etc. The outgoing roommate had said she'd be out before the end of the month, but it turns out meant meant a day or two early max. The job is being incredibly slow to give me any confirmation of anything, a start date, etc. Which makes it difficult to sign a lease-- I can't confirm my salary, when I'll start, or even that I've signed a contract.

Meanwhile my New Yorker former roommate is giving me shit about where I am moving and how much I'm paying. Come on dude.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 71   Go Up