Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 71   Go Down

Author Topic: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...  (Read 162071 times)

0 Members and 48 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #705 on: January 08, 2017, 07:21:06 am »

today it was very cold and snowy out, and an exterminator came and said we probably have rats in our walls, because if they were just mice we wouldn't be able to hear them. I walked to an overpriced korean place and realized I didn't have my wallet, so I went back home to get it and then back to the overpriced korean place. I ate too much and felt kind of bad. Then I went on a bad date with a boring lady. I was kind of rude and didn't drink any beers on the date because they were too expensive and why waste beer money on a bad date.
Then I went to a bar where my acquaintance was DJng and drank many expensive beers and gawked at the druggie hipster girls. Then I left at 2am feeling a little alone and the subway train arrived right as I got to the station, and I was the only person on the platform and felt like it was my personal transport home to my cozy bed. Now I'm in the bed. NYC is pretty good. I wish both subway lines I live near were like 1 block closer to my apartment, but I guess then my rent would be like $150 more. The takeway though is that I like living here very much.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 07:30:35 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #706 on: January 08, 2017, 02:07:08 pm »

Ah, youth. In New York, with a decent paying job. You know it's a kind of paradise, right?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #707 on: January 08, 2017, 04:30:17 pm »

Yes. And I'm learning less expensive things to do, also.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #708 on: January 09, 2017, 01:22:04 pm »

I very nearly talked myself into booking a long weekend in Florida in early February. Probably would have, too, if I hadn't realized we have something on the calendar for that weekend already.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #709 on: January 09, 2017, 09:57:01 pm »

today it was very cold and snowy out, and an exterminator came and said we probably have rats in our walls, because if they were just mice we wouldn't be able to hear them. I walked to an overpriced korean place and realized I didn't have my wallet, so I went back home to get it and then back to the overpriced korean place. I ate too much and felt kind of bad. Then I went on a bad date with a boring lady. I was kind of rude and didn't drink any beers on the date because they were too expensive and why waste beer money on a bad date.
Then I went to a bar where my acquaintance was DJng and drank many expensive beers and gawked at the druggie hipster girls. Then I left at 2am feeling a little alone and the subway train arrived right as I got to the station, and I was the only person on the platform and felt like it was my personal transport home to my cozy bed. Now I'm in the bed. NYC is pretty good. I wish both subway lines I live near were like 1 block closer to my apartment, but I guess then my rent would be like $150 more. The takeway though is that I like living here very much.

This is a beautiful story. Keep living the dream, but try not to be rude.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #710 on: January 09, 2017, 10:11:11 pm »

Keep living the dream, but try not to be rude.

Good advice for all.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Q
« Reply #711 on: January 13, 2017, 11:55:48 pm »

I did not realize until I met the secretary at my job that the accent Harley Quinn has in the Batman cartoons is a Brooklyn accent. Hearing that voice come out of a woman my age is bizarre. She isn't as squeaky but one day she said "hmmm, idn't that INteresting!" and I was like! damn! Harley Quinn! (To defend myself preemptively, I guess I could have identified it as some kind of New York accent. but this is a very particular borough accent)

My boss is from the Bronx and has a pretty great one too.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 12:00:21 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #712 on: January 17, 2017, 08:35:08 pm »

In college, after I moved out of the dorms I moved into a little house backed up against the local national park.  We had a terrifying evening when a racoon decided to move into the walls.  Fortunately some chicken wire fixed the hole it got in and out through.
today it was very cold and snowy out, and an exterminator came and said we probably have rats in our walls, because if they were just mice we wouldn't be able to hear them.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #713 on: January 31, 2017, 12:34:19 pm »

Don't forget the spark plug wires!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #714 on: February 06, 2017, 02:57:05 pm »

I went to a Burns' Night dinner Saturday. Had haggis for the first time. Not that bad, actually.

Also, nice to know that your ancestors are considered absolute pariahs by the rest of the culture.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #715 on: February 07, 2017, 12:36:10 am »

Not that bad

I was listening to this song when I read that.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #716 on: February 11, 2017, 12:54:56 am »

I told you folks about the lady who came in from the side of the line when getting on the train.

Way to go dummy, now your train girlfriend wants to fuck you. It's gonna get awkward... or sexy, your choice really.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #717 on: February 14, 2017, 07:23:22 pm »


That's OK, one of my superpowers is turning ladies off light a lighbulb.

It's good to have skills, isn't it?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #718 on: March 08, 2017, 02:33:15 am »

I asked my dad how much money I should be putting in my 401k and he told me a number that sounded low. And then I made an excel sheet to show myself how compound interest works. Damn!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #719 on: March 10, 2017, 02:05:03 am »

I finished behind a guy named Sasquatch. No shame in that, right?

He was born for this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 71   Go Up