Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hella Yellin' About TRUMP  (Read 1269 times)

pmcd9

• Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 604
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Hella Yellin' About TRUMP
« on: March 01, 2016, 04:06:18 am »

First I have a legitimate question. If someone is otherwise intelligent and you learn they support Donald Trump, are they actually intelligent at all?
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Hella Yellin' About TRUMP
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 04:10:58 am »

John Oliver's takedown of Trump is the best and most thorough I've seen. It's long, but worth every second.

pmcd9

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 04:13:05 am »

Trumped

A little less serious, but just about perfect.

Victoria Waterfield

• Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 329
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 05:20:08 am »

Mr. Trump,

You are a toilet seat that smokes a cigar
Forever that is what you are
A toilet seat that smokes a cigar

Carlos del Vaca

• The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Homosexuals the Gorilla
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1304
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 01:42:11 pm »

First I have a legitimate question. If someone is otherwise intelligent and you learn they support Donald Trump, are they actually intelligent at all?

Hard to say for sure, and this is a lot of speculation on my part. But if an otherwise seemingly intelligent person supports Trump, I'd guess they're either not intelligent at all, OR they've just stopped giving a shit. Americans love simple answers to complex questions, and Trump provides them in droves. So if you're so outrageously simple that you can't even be bothered to try to solve the major problems of this country and the world, nodding along with whatever Trump says probably feels good. Sure, just kill ISIS, it'll be easy. Yeah, build a wall between us and Mexico, problem solved. Kick out the Muslims, we're done here. Negative repercussions? Can't be. Fuck it. We'll just kill those people too. Beats thinking.
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

• Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10026
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 05:20:54 pm »

I've yet to meet a Trump supporter in the wild. Granted, I avoid political conversations at work and with most people outside of work. But no one I've spoken to in my family supports him, and most loathe him. Not one friend supports him. And I have some really conservative family members and friends. So part of me can't even believe what's going on.

I used to think that nearly all Trump supporters were bigots, not necessarily unintelligent, and were responding to his rhetoric about Islam and immigration. And lots of his supporters are, for sure. But I don't think that can account for all of his success. I think a lot of people feel sold out by the last several administrations and here's this "successful" business man who is "funding" his own campaign and isn't a slave to harmful economic policy. I happen to think he's unpredictable and full of shit, but I can certainly see the appeal. I might not call them all unintelligent, but I don't think they're looking at him with a critcal view.

Rolling Stone had an interesting article about him last week. Sorry for the naked link: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-america-made-donald-trump-unstoppable-20160224

I was decaying inside from postponed consequences. - Walter Kirn

KeithHernandez

• Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 08:23:11 pm »

Yeah, when I was 16 I watched this documentary on Brit-Pop.  The guy from Blur was wondering whether to vote for the sensible liberal who he didn't Think was liberal enough (this guys name I should know but don't remember- he won and was the prime minister throughout the early 2000s) or the conservative he thought would ruin the country to the point they would have to just start over.  I will not vote for Trump ever, but if he won it might give us a needed come to Jesus moment?

I have also been sort of seeing a British citizen.  I imagine she would bounce so fast if he won, so I guess that is one way him winning would effect me.  Also, almost all of my friends are illegal immigrants, and they are cool as hell, so that is another way it would effect me (or those close to me at least).  I also think there is no way he can win, but obviously can win the republican nomination, but that might fuck them up, which I am in favor of.  If I start to think he can actually win I might have to re-evaluate my opinion?

Also, a lot of my extended family in Oklahoma likes him.  They are a bunch of bigoted pieces of shit.  My dad is like a JFK/America is the best type of democrat.  He was almost in tears the only time we talked about Trump.  I guess that doesn't really mean anything....

I edited this in the first paragraph to say I am youngish and have nothing, so it is a lot easier for me to say, yeah, fuck it, burn it down.  But I am old enough to understand not everyone is.  Then that edit went away?  That makes the next paragraphs make more sense.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:50:58 pm by KeithHernandez »
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

• Writer's Workshoppers
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 472
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 12:41:31 am »

Several of my old coworkers like him on Facebook. Yes: white middle-aged people with union jobs. Go figure.
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

• The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Homosexuals the Gorilla
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1304
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 01:37:37 pm »

Drew Magary's piece on Trump gets at a lot of what I've been thinking. http://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-will-fuck-america
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 05:54:27 pm »

Drew Magary's piece on Trump gets at a lot of what I've been thinking. http://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-will-fuck-america

I like it when a journalist can gather my thoughts for me and express what I am feeling.

robocop

• Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • It's Spaghetti Time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 09:53:57 pm »

Even if one disregards the nastiness and stupidity of Trump, there are still his damn shrimp fingers. How can anyone trust in a guy with hideous, stubby shrimp fingers?

miles

• Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 12:20:15 am »

Several of my old coworkers like him on Facebook. Yes: white middle-aged people with union jobs. Go figure.

This is scary to me.

A lot of these people (not your Facebook friends specifically) have been pro-labor Democrats for years and the last two Democrats in the White House haven't exactly been 100% pro-labor. But these union voters kept voting for them because, what, Mitt Romney is a better option? But now you have a guy talking about tariffs and bringing manufacturing jobs back to America, and hey, they never liked immigrants and muslims anyway...

Who knows how this will play out, but it scares the shit out of me.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:54:54 am by miles »

pmcd9

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 11:03:36 am »

Donald Trump wants to assure America that  he has a large c*ck. Overcompensating much? I don't know If I can just take his word on this. I think he needs to show us his schlong form girth certificate.

pmcd9

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 05:29:35 pm »

I just don't need more horrible people poke-pole horrors in my life right now, what with the Hitler had a radish talk-talk recently.

Well that's the main issue here. If you have a big dick you don't brag about it. You certainly don't get defensive when a twerp like Marco Rubio makes a childish insinuation. And by that same token, if you are rich, you don't constantly tell people you are rich. He's almost certainly not as rich as he claims and he's probably got a teeny tiny peepee. Have you ever seen anyone overcompensate as massively as this fuck*ng guy?

miles

• Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 08:10:23 pm »

Another article about Trump supporters: http://www.vox.com/2016/3/1/11127424/trump-authoritarianism

I mentioned before that I hadn't yet actually talked to a Trump supporter. One of my co-workers outed himself last night. His reason for supporting Trump is immigration, and yes he thinks building a wall will be a reasonable and effective solution.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up