Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Freezepop & Philippe  (Read 7735 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

G3K

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
    • http://g3k.livejournal.com
Freezepop & Philippe
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2004, 05:44:12 am »

Hey, I liked the demo music.   :P
Logged
Also I am Korean and this offends me a lot

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Freezepop & Philippe
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2004, 06:11:01 am »

I never said that I disliked it.

That, and the synth sound of a dog barking.  Good stuff.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Freezepop & Philippe
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2004, 11:45:54 am »

I had somehow come across Freezepop previous to this. But as then, I am just too scared to make the click.
Zartan's comments also lead me to believe my gut reaction upon first sight.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

elfbabe

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
    • View Profile
Freezepop & Philippe
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2004, 02:45:25 pm »

I don't know what people expected from a song about an alive stuffed animal, but I liked it, in the way that I like neat things that do not necessarily have any serious artistic merit anyway.
Logged

FancieBabie

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wudoin.com
Freezepop & Philippe
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2004, 04:03:14 am »

i LOVE this song!!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Freezepop & Philippe
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2004, 05:34:08 am »

Quote from: "FancieBabie"
i LOVE this song!!

Wow, now I feel dirty for liking this.

To beat Jough to it: weren't you supposed to be banned and/or dead?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Freezepop & Philippe
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2004, 06:25:41 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "FancieBabie"
i LOVE this song!!

Wow, now I feel dirty for liking this.

To beat Jough to it: weren't you supposed to be banned and/or dead?


I was thinking the same thing, new avatar notwithstanding.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Freezepop & Philippe
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2004, 06:26:57 am »

Yeah, dude.  You say you're going to kill yourself because we don't like your web comic, and then, like, you're still here.

LAME

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Freezepop & Philippe
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2004, 02:42:37 pm »

Wasn't that the Puzzle Bobble music?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Freezepop & Philippe
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2004, 11:28:57 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I cannot stand Freezepop. I had a friend of mine let me borrow one of their albums - all right, more correctly, I downloaded it. Here's what I thought of it:

It is the most soulless, inauthentic, by-the-numbers attempt at alt.culture bandwagoneering I've seen sashay down the fuck*ng runway in a long goddamn time. It may seem a bit weird to damn a band in this "genre" (i.e. electric pop by and for temporarily fickle trust fund kids) for being soulless, but my stars. If only I'd seen the pattern sooner, I could have been Freezepop:

- Find a chick to be the "face" of your synthpop band. She will talk, sounding bored-as-you-please (but with a touch, of course, of just-beneath-the-surface grrrrrrrlish enthusiasm - OMG MAYBE SHE LURKS OUR FANSITE MESSAGE BOARD), and sing tunelessly over...

- Music that is more or less the worst of Overclocked Remix, circa 1999: carnival music for the attention deficit generation made with an unofficial plugin for fuck*ng Nesticle.

- And don't forget to tap, tap, tap that word-of-mouth market! You'll do this by dropping in a careful balance of common pop music themes and geek / alt / meta-indie references. Did that chick just say grep?? In a LURRVE METAPHOR???? She may have, and won't you look smart for being the first one to have noticed / appreciated / shelled out for it. Can YOU think of an 80's pop culture touchpoint that hasn't been made into a meme??? HOUSTON WE ARE GO FOR OUR NEXT SINGLE -- ON VINYL!!


AMEN. Look, I run a club night that specializes in electroclash and the like, and Freezepop is what I would term the 'cleopatra records' of the genre. Those in the know what I'm talking about. Maybe they even -are- on Cleopatra...
Logged

Lane

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 40
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lanemcfadden.net
Freezepop & Philippe
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2004, 08:49:11 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I run a club night that specializes in electroclash and the like...


Where?
Logged
He gets with the ladies, but in the end they do not like him.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Freezepop & Philippe
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2004, 08:54:37 pm »

Quote from: "Lane"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I run a club night that specializes in electroclash and the like...


Where?


http://www.chiaroscuro-dc.com
Logged

allthegoodthings

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
where I heard of Freezepop
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2004, 06:46:34 pm »

Freezepop did one of the first level songs (Science Genius Girl) for Sony's Frequency game for PS2.  For the Frequency sequel Amplitude, Freezepop added a song called Super Sprode. That and I think Penny Arcade dropped their name once too.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: where I heard of Freezepop
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2004, 05:48:46 am »

Quote from: "allthegoodthings"
Freezepop did one of the first level songs (Science Genius Girl) for Sony's Frequency game for PS2.  For the Frequency sequel Amplitude, Freezepop added a song called Super Sprode. That and I think Penny Arcade dropped their name once too.


Thank you for that update.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Freezepop & Philippe
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2004, 08:47:43 pm »

Okay, so I like "Science Genius Girl." I am nonetheless reluctance to actually buy an album, because what happens if I like Freezepop? There goes all my hard-won indie cred!*

Also, I'm not sure I can entirely like any band which sells katakana T-shirts. Hot Topic, much?

* Read: "I bought the Albumfight."
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up