I think our point was that citing a cartoon's message board as a "publication" in a job or school application is pretty stupid, although not as much so as complaining when people actually *reply* to your post and then ruin it for you.
But MP gave us all a good chuckle with is "to the crows with you" line, and then a heartier guffaw getting INDIGNANT up in this bitch when we (rightfully) made light of his stupidity.
I mean, if you don't want people to laugh at you, don't post something stupid on the internet.
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS, PEOPLE?
I think what Monkey Punch expected to happen was that his initial post would be taken seriously and it would spark much debate wherein he would be able to engage in an intellectual discussion of a subject he's clearly given a great amount of thought to. What he got instead, and what he should have expected, was this boards typical smart ass behaviour and not a whole hell of a lot of discussion of echoes of the Iliad in Nate Small right off the bat. Rather than wait for the more studied replies which would have surely come, "he got indignant up in this bitch" as our fearless leader has so eloquently pointed out; which killed any chance he may have had of having the type of exchange he was seeking. When he mentioned that he was using this thread on a job application in some sort of fashion it just got silly.
Now, i've never read the Iliad, and I haven't even read Nate Small, but I think that MP initial post was possibly the most in depth analysis of Achewood related writing i've seen. I was impressed by it and I think it's certainly worthy of the kind of discussion and further analysis MP desires.
So if we can get past the silliness that has surrounded this thread so far, maybe some of you, who are knowledgable about this topic, would care to take a stab at an actual rebuttal.
~Paul