Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Janet Jackson's Boobie  (Read 5682 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Janet Jackson's Boobie
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2004, 07:39:55 pm »

Homer's Mastercard commercial made a great addition to the recently released Howard/Fine/Howard one.

I was disappointed Terry Tate didn't show up again this year, but there is a new one on the web.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Janet Jackson's Boobie
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2004, 08:25:05 pm »

What the hell are you people talking about, and what does this have to do with music?

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Janet Jackson's Boobie
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2004, 08:31:45 pm »

Bless you, Jough.  America needs more like you.
Logged
goose means greedy

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Janet Jackson's Boobie
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2004, 08:54:59 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
What the hell are you people talking about, and what does this have to do with music?


The Super Bowl Halftime Show, of course, which...actually didn't have a whole fuck of a lot to do with music at all.  Janet Jackson doing two songs, one of which was 15 years old, in the midst of what appeared to be a runway show of eveningwear for droogs; Kid Rock doing his only two popular songs from five years ago; Nelly and Puffy doing whatever the hell it is they do; and Justin Timberlake doing his Off the Wall schtick and then offering JJ's engorged and pierced titty for public consumption.

The NFL have already announced that they will not allow MTV to produce another halftime show (score!), which can only mean that next year's show will be a return to quality.  Here's what I'm envisioning...

Sigur Ros get the show running with "Staraflur," then Bjork joins them for "Hyperballad."  DJ Z-Trip and the X-ecutioners have a six-turntable battle (theme ingredient: Morricone soundtracks), and then the reunited Pixies kick out the jams with "Where Is My Mind?" and are joined by David Bowie for "Cactus."  Then all the performers gather together and are joined by Rammstein and Ministry for a rousing finale of "One Nation Under a Groove."   While the Blue Angels fly overhead, the jet wakes of their aerobatics forming a perfect duplication of the album cover artwork from King Crimson's Discipline album.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Janet Jackson's Boobie
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2004, 08:59:36 pm »

How about this: The stadium is darkened, and a single light in the middle illuminates Shields and Yarnell. They do a little shtick and the spotlight widens to include Mummenshanz. All done to a duet of Phillip Glass and Vangelis. The finale includes The entire cast of all the Muppet Movies and "Up With People".
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Janet Jackson's Boobie
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2004, 08:59:39 pm »

Nah,  it'll be more like Paul Harvey narrating a Jim Nabors/Pat Boone/Up With People songfest.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Janet Jackson's Boobie
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2004, 09:00:16 pm »

Only on this board could you have an "Up With People" simulpost.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Janet Jackson's Boobie
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2004, 09:03:29 pm »

I'm just pleased to point that I rang in just ahead of you.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Janet Jackson's Boobie
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2004, 09:06:39 pm »

Ah. I completely forgot about the Super Bowl.  I guess that's why the roads were so empty last night.

I spent the sabbath eve watching the new "Alice in Wonderland" DVD.  True story: girl at the counter exclaimed how nice it was that I was getting something for the kids.

Me: "Um, yeah.  The kids."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Janet Jackson's Boobie
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2004, 09:12:31 pm »

Quote


 
I'm just pleased to point that I rang in just ahead of you.



I'm hoping that's not an indicator of how the rest of this week will go...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Janet Jackson's Boobie
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2004, 09:18:27 pm »

It will, but the others ringing in ahead will answer wrong. I'm hoping you pull off one of those awesome Jeopardy! humiliations where you have more than three times as much as one player and the other is negative.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Janet Jackson's Boobie
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2004, 09:21:14 pm »

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040202/ap_on_en_tv/people_trebek_3

It figures that he's get into a car accident right before your taping, August.

So when do you leave?  What day should we concentrate our "good luck" karma on you?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Janet Jackson's Boobie
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2004, 09:29:17 pm »

I work half a day tomorrow and fly out at 5pm.  Send me good brain waves from 9 am to 6 pm PST on Wednesday.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Janet Jackson's Boobie
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2004, 09:43:03 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "Limmo"
[CONCEPT OF GREATNESS]


::STANDING OVATION::

::STOMPING OF FEET::

::RIOT::


The board has officially turned into a G.R.O.S.S. meeting. I guess that makes you President and First Tiger.

And I haven't seen the actual image but if the nipple was covered how could that possibly violate any broadcast standards?
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Janet Jackson's Boobie
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2004, 10:26:42 pm »

It just figures that I barely paid attention to the halftime show thing ..I heard janet, but then switched to CNN to catch that MoveOn.org ad then switched back later and it must've already ended ...at least I got to see what the hell happened in pictures online ..ooo the net, always on top of things ..heh.

As for commercials, I wasn't even sure which were the good ones I was supposed to be watching; I wasn't even going to watch the super bowl beyond that someone told me to keep an eye out for the commercials - since I got bored keeping it on the game which I didn't care about, I missed most the breaks when flipping channels ..I just saw a staples commercial, subway, cadilac and anti-drug one ..that was it...hmmm.  oh well.

---

CortJstr - that's just what I was thinkin' when I saw the image ..it's not completely exposed.

[edit:  I'd also like to see what Limmo described happen ..especially the Sigur Rós bit -Staralfur is my all time top theme song- though I bet the sr board people would be pretty ticked cause they like to keep sr obscure even though they're really not already!]
Logged
Texas only kept me awake
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up