Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ache-Head DC Field Trip  (Read 21055 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ache-Head DC Field Trip
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2004, 04:59:38 am »

Quote from: "jough"

Meh.  I went through the five stages of grief over my cyclopshood over a few hours.  


These kids today with their short attention spans.  How about a little committment to a damn emotional rollercoaster?  

Quote
So now that it's gone, I'm all for just doing whateverthefuck I can to get it back.


Most excellent attitude!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Ache-Head DC Field Trip
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2004, 05:08:45 am »

Quote from: "jough"

I've taken to saying "hoo-ha" but since I'm only out one eye I just say "hoo."


Took me until that to work out who Slade was.
Now the image of you sat saying 'hoo' at things is gonna stick!
(So it's your left eye yea?)

Even considering the outlook, and the logical and wise one, that it was best to take the chance before it was too late to, I still would have been too scared to do so. I really am about the biggest wimp in the world when it comes to things like that. Christ, I need to go to the dentist about a broken tooth I have, and it just gets worse and I still can't muster up the courage to even make an appointment. I think I need some Ativan!

My fingers are firmly crossed about the old-school technique they gonna try. Hope it sorts out. Any idea what you gonna do regarding the other one if your currently fucked up eye does get fixed up?
I feel that may be where the ballsy decision comes in!
Though again, I guess if they fix the one out, the other would deteriorate and thus the chance of fixing that would be worth it too. And the cumulative probability of both fuck*ng up is... well, probably fairly remote.


Anyhoo, at least with the number of dropouts for the field-trip I feel slightly less left out!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Ache-Head DC Field Trip
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2004, 05:32:15 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I've taken to saying "hoo-ha" but since I'm only out one eye I just say "hoo."


Hilarious!  I've been reading your messages to Pedro (since I won't cede control of the laptop) and let me tell everyone here, if you've not read this sentence aloud, you should.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ache-Head DC Field Trip
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2004, 05:56:21 am »

That was quite fun. I got to freeload and my feet/legs have never hurt this much. Not even after the first day of wrestling practice.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Ache-Head DC Field Trip
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2004, 06:06:49 am »

By "freeload" you mean...?

I want pictures, you kids!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Ache-Head DC Field Trip
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2004, 12:14:28 pm »

Quote from: "jough"


I want pictures, you kids!


Yes master.

http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/fieldtrip.htm
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ache-Head DC Field Trip
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2004, 05:23:26 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
By "freeload" you mean...?

I want pictures, you kids!


Jl and Pedro insisted on paying for dinner and wombat insisted on paying for ice cream while I just kind of meekly protested with my worthlessness.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ache-Head DC Field Trip
« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2004, 08:28:17 pm »

JL and Pedro should be back by now. How was the trip home? Any 3-hour delays? Did you see the capitol?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Ache-Head DC Field Trip
« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2004, 11:23:19 pm »

We're back.  We actually arrived on time, but didn't get up early enough to see the Capitol yesterday.  Actually, we got up pretty early, but it took us a lot longer to pack than we'd expected.  We did, however, spend some time in the American History Museum, which Pedro found far more fascinating than he'd expected.  (Highlights: Deep Blue, an exhibit on Alan Turing and Enigma decryption, and Julia Child's kitchen.)  

The train ride was considerably nicer this time around, but we're still sort of recovering.  Pedro had to work today and I've been looking at our finances to see how much this trip has put us into debt.  (It's not pretty.)  But, I really had a great time -- especially meeting you guys -- and I hope we can have another event soon.  We're already talking about going up Philadelphia way this spring...we'll keep everyone posted.  ;)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up