Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Places you have worn Achewood merchandise  (Read 8632 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Places you have worn Achewood merchandise
« on: August 04, 2003, 11:18:26 pm »



In case you were wondering, I was on the Millennium Force.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Places you have worn Achewood merchandise
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2003, 11:59:18 pm »

Hey J, you're much younger than I would have guessed.  I guess it's your stern shoolteacher avatar that threw me off.

That's a hellofa picture btw, I love it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Places you have worn Achewood merchandise
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 12:02:08 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
you're much younger than I would have guessed


That's an awful thing to say to a woman, Paul.  Shame, SHAME.

Great pic, jld. Maybe Onstad will start a gallery of people wearing his merchandise.

I also like how "Good with computers" is the only thing in focus.  Nice.

-- Jough

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Places you have worn Achewood merchandise
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 12:24:22 am »

Wait a minute, I'm sure I meant that as a compliment.  Ya know, because she's so well spoken and knowedgable about, well everydamn thing, I figured she was at least middle aged.  Now I can see that she is a mere girl.  How could she possibly know so much, yet be so young.  I was complimenting her brain.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Places you have worn Achewood merchandise
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 12:26:27 am »

Oh yeah, I'd post a picture wearing an Achewood shirt, except I haven't recieved the damn thing yet.  It's been 6 weeks now.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Places you have worn Achewood merchandise
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2003, 01:55:58 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
I guess it's your stern s(c)hoolteacher avatar that threw me off.
~Paul

If by stern you mean enticing.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Places you have worn Achewood merchandise
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2003, 02:05:24 am »

I'm 24.  I look like I'm 12 in that picture because my hair is in pigtails and I'm screaming like a banshee.  (Literally.  I lost my voice for 10 days after that trip.)

And Jough, what are you thinking?  It's never a bad thing to tell a lady she looks young.  Unless she's trying to buy alcohol and she's underage.  Now that the over-21 thrill is gone, being told I look younger isn't sounding so bad any more.  

But maybe that's just my middle-aged mentality talking.  

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dammit, stop getting me off topic.  You're going to make me have to lock my own thread.  

What other crazy places have you worn your Achewood shirts?  (Assuming you've received one.)  DC area people, go take photos of yourselves scaling the Washington Monument or wading in the Reflecting Pool or something.  

If you don't have photos but want to just tell us about the night you spent in jail with only your Special Boy hoodie to keep you warm, that's OK too.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Places you have worn Achewood merchandise
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2003, 02:23:43 am »

I intended to go into DC on IAD but time didn't permit so I went to the Leesburg, VA courthouse instead. Which used to be the capital a while back.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Places you have worn Achewood merchandise
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2003, 03:39:28 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I'm 24.  I look like I'm 12 in that picture because my hair is in pigtails and I'm screaming like a banshee.  (Literally.  I lost my voice for 10 days after that trip.)

And Jough, what are you thinking?  It's never a bad thing to tell a lady she looks young.


24?  You're a young'un.

It's never a bad thing to tell a woman that she looks young, but it's another thing to say that she acts like an old lady.

"Gee, I would've thought you were old and decrepit by the way you write..."

Of course, I'm a grumpy old man.

And I LIKES it.

And I have no Achewood clothing of which to offer a picture (I don't really wear t-shirts). But if Onstad made an Achewood neck tie I would wear one, unless it were overtly cartoony or too brightly coloured.

I want an Achewood tie that I can wear to a funeral.

Of course, I could post a photo of me using my Achewood cookbook.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Places you have worn Achewood merchandise
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2003, 03:50:27 am »

I haven't broken down and bought any Achewood shirts yet, but I walk around Seattle (UofW campus, anyway) everyday with Achewood buttons on my book bag.  Unfortunately, I lost my "Science" button on the bus one day.  I called the lost-and-found, but no one turned it in.  

Saddened as I am about the loss of my favorite pin (it went so well with the accompanying "dork" pin), I can't help but hope that some lost soul found it, and tried to figure out what the hell it meant.

But that could just be me.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Places you have worn Achewood merchandise
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2003, 05:06:47 am »

JL, you look quite a bit like my niece.

She calls me Uncle Ernie.

heh heh.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Places you have worn Achewood merchandise
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2003, 04:51:26 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
I think I feel the urge to put together a little photo-travelouge of greater Orange County and share some of the more storied local haunts.


Man, if you somehow, through a freak of time travel and the likes had a picture of an Achewood t-shirt at a Sublime gig I'd have to kill you for it! If Nowell was still around I know someone would have worn one to a gig. If not me!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

weeeeee

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Places you have worn Achewood merchandise
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2003, 05:04:03 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Asherdan"
I think I feel the urge to put together a little photo-travelouge of greater Orange County and share some of the more storied local haunts.


Man, if you somehow, through a freak of time travel and the likes had a picture of an Achewood t-shirt at a Sublime gig I'd have to kill you for it! If Nowell was still around I know someone would have worn one to a gig. If not me!


I miss Nowell :(..

edit: and now, something relevant to the topic, I wear my todd shirt basically everywhere, and if it's not that shirt it's one of my DS shirts or my batjew shirt. I'll try and get a picture of me wearing said todd shirt in the next couple of days.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Places you have worn Achewood merchandise
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2003, 05:06:31 pm »

Quote from: "weeeeee"

I miss Nowell :(..


Impossible not too! My mom always feels sorry for poor Lou-dog.

Ok, relevancy... ick...
I'm still awaiting my Ray tee. And if it weren't for me avoiding pictures ever being taken I'd have a spiffy pic of it done. Like, the sole UK Achewood tee pic? hmmmm, might have to be done so y'all can see how shitty this country is!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

weeeeee

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Places you have worn Achewood merchandise
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2003, 05:11:10 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "weeeeee"

I miss Nowell :(..


Impossible not too! My mom always feels sorry for poor Lou-dog.
!


your mom's a fan of sublime? sweetness.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up