Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Best. Commercial. Ever.  (Read 8791 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Best. Commercial. Ever.
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2004, 12:13:21 am »

They had yogurt Nutri-Grain bars in the vending machine today. I was scared to buy it in case it tainted the greatness induced by regular ones.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Best. Commercial. Ever.
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2004, 02:31:01 am »

Did you check out the other commercials there? The starbucks one made me yawn for a good solid minute. Dammit, just thinking about it made me yawn again. Good stuff.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Best. Commercial. Ever.
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2004, 02:39:00 am »

Missed opportunity.  I was at the Weight Watchers tonight and the leader was hawking the WW nutrition bars and she compared them to Nutrigrain.  I had just gotten there (late) and didn't snap to what she was saying until it was too late and the moment had passed.  I could have made a hell of a scene.  Dammit if i'd had a nutrigrain this wouldn't have happened.  I'll feel great tomorrow.  Tonight i'm too tired.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Best. Commercial. Ever.
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2004, 03:18:13 am »

Quote from: "Mite"
Did you check out the other commercials there? The starbucks one made me yawn for a good solid minute. Dammit, just thinking about it made me yawn again. Good stuff.


I watched the other ones.  I liked the lunatic one.

And yeah, that Starfucks ad was yawnfully contagious.  What a great spot.

I watched that one a few times, because the filmmaking was really quite exquisite.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Best. Commercial. Ever.
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2004, 03:29:32 am »

I feel so great I even made my own commercial.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Best. Commercial. Ever.
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2004, 04:19:22 am »

I'm glad I'm not homeless right now.
.
.
.
.
.
Well, extra glad.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Best. Commercial. Ever.
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2004, 01:36:49 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I feel so great I even made my own commercial.


Now, even sans Nutrigrain, I feel great!

Is there any way we can put you in charge of all advertising... ever? I might watch TV again were that to be.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Best. Commercial. Ever.
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2004, 05:37:02 pm »

Goddamnit what the HELL kind of codec do I need to actually watch this and not just hear the audio?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Best. Commercial. Ever.
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2004, 05:59:22 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Goddamnit what the HELL kind of codec do I need to actually watch this and not just hear the audio?


Divx.

Quote from: "slink"
Is there any way we can put you in charge of all advertising... ever? I might watch TV again were that to be.


Thanks.  That was my first movie, too.  I had a hell of a time trying to figure out how to use Premiere, and ended up using a nifty little free tool called VirtualDub.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Best. Commercial. Ever.
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2004, 06:41:57 pm »

Quote from: "jough"

 I had a hell of a time trying to figure out how to use Premiere, and ended up using a nifty little free tool called VirtualDub.


Yea. Premiere is hell. And VirtualDub is pretty nifty. Used both a bit, although a while back. Only cause to use VirtualDub now is to try and fix the odd divx file that I downloaded.

I reckon we should just force you to go off make a random movie every week.
All opening a Joughpike Films website.
All downloading huge divx movies on a shitty modem connection.
All getting hella drunk waiting.

It's now snowing, and I feel great.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Best. Commercial. Ever.
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2004, 06:54:33 pm »

Dude, that link required me to either pay $19.95 for the codec or agree to some Gator powered Adware.

Your film sounds good.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Best. Commercial. Ever.
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2004, 07:28:49 pm »

Try and downlaod the Nimo codec pack. There you can get the safe version of divx codec, as well as most other codecs you will ever need.
It can clash with XVid occasionally however. But it sounds like that won't matter to you.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Best. Commercial. Ever.
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2004, 08:01:26 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Dude, that link required me to either pay $19.95 for the codec or agree to some Gator powered Adware.

Your film sounds good.


Seconded.  And the Nimo Codec page flat-out tells you to be careful about the adware you'll wind up with. Not tech-savvy enough to be dealing with this shiznit.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Best. Commercial. Ever.
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2004, 08:10:59 pm »

Don't you people ever update Windows?  I encoded the damn thing into Divx because I figured it would have fairly universal support.

Okay, because I love you all:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Nimo_Codec_Pack.htm

Click the "Download" link.  Install using the defaults if you don't know what you want/need.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Best. Commercial. Ever.
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2004, 08:32:39 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Don't you people ever update Windows?  I encoded the damn thing into Divx because I figured it would have fairly universal support.

Okay, because I love you all:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Nimo_Codec_Pack.htm

Click the "Download" link.  Install using the defaults if you don't know what you want/need.


It worked and I was able to see the commercial.

Now I feel great.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up