Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004  (Read 8319 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« on: February 26, 2004, 05:21:36 am »

Meh.

I'm always glad to see the *****s, but did this one have a punch line?  Something funny?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 05:55:20 am »

I dunno, I sorta like it. There isn't really a punchline, but I sorta like the *****s just hanging around and talking.

Also: Andy. Throwing a bone to the fans, are we, 'stad?
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 06:53:02 am »

We knew Vlad was a love machine (sorry)*, but it's nice to see his softer side*.  As it were.  I must say, I wouldn't have pictured him being so upset about this...






*Ok, now I know why I don't usually post this close to my bedtime....
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 07:25:31 am »

I like that Andy has a keyboard despite his lack of arms.
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Re: Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 08:06:18 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Meh.

I'm always glad to see the *****s, but did this one have a punch line?  Something funny?


I hate Andy is so content with his corny Red Fender Stratocaster and alphabetical cd shelf!

that shit is gold.
as is Andy.

Tomorrow: Chucklebot(?)
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 11:49:27 am »

I relate entirely too much with this one.

I find this one quite good in that respect.
of course, I wouldn't really picture vlad acting that way.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 02:03:29 pm »

How can a CD/DVD shelf not be alphabetical and chronological? That would be chaos and a crime against nature.

It took me a moment to decide if "la bamba" was the brand he was working on or a adjective. I'm thinking it means wicked.
Logged

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 03:19:55 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
How can a CD/DVD shelf not be alphabetical and chronological? That would be chaos and a crime against nature.


my cd shelves are sorted by genre, then artist, then release date.  nature police, take me away . . .
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2004, 03:42:58 pm »

Quote from: "misterhaan"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
How can a CD/DVD shelf not be alphabetical and chronological? That would be chaos and a crime against nature.


my cd shelves are sorted by genre, then artist, then release date.  nature police, take me away . . .


Wow, you one upped me. I can never make genre distinctions on genre to be that specific.

OT: Why aren't Andy and Beef better friends? Maybe they're too alike and get on each others nerves.
Logged

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2004, 04:08:08 pm »

my genre categories are pretty general, it's really genre groupings, selected such that each of the 8 groupings have similar numbers of cds in them.  it's usually pretty easy to tell house (genre grouping 3) from ska (genre grouping 6), for example.

also, i used to hang my t-shirts in my closet sorted by color (though not rainbow!), but i stopped when my friends found out and started making fun of me.  most people can't tell what sort of order my cds are in though, so i can keep doing that!

i can be so anal sometimes . . .
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2004, 04:39:32 pm »

My DVD shelf is organised by UPC code.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2004, 04:40:52 pm »

See I hang my shirts up on the far left. Then I put on ones from the middle or right. That way shirts I haven't worn since laundry day get pushed right by the fresher ones; otherwise I could easily end up wearing the same shirt twice in one week (assuming I do laundry on a Wednesday).

It also lets me dynamically switch between long and short sleeve prominence in spring and fall.

Also, I split up my DVDs between movies/OAV*s and TV series.

*For the non-otaku that means Original Animated Video. So it's a straight to video release but without the negative conotations.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2004, 04:57:38 pm »

I am the least organized person in the world.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2004, 05:08:47 pm »

Were they laughing at you because you sorted your T-shirts or because you put them on hangers? Because I would for both. I don't even want to know about your days of the week underroos.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2004, 05:23:44 pm »

I play a red Strat and I'm currently alphabetizing my CD collection.  Could this mean that I need to pay more attention to my ***** friends?

Onstad needs to find another alt text writer...
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up