Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004  (Read 8316 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2004, 05:49:59 pm »

Oh man, it's been too long since we've seen these guys.  I'd almost forgotten about Andy.  Maybe this mean's there'll be more Achewoodian ***** action - like maybe Lie Bot meeting Little Nephew.  Me thinks LN would be a little less gullible about Lie Bot's lies than young Philippe.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2004, 05:59:09 pm »

I liekd seeing the *****s. And I thought it worked that Vlad was upset about this. You know if it were a woman he'd be all cool and suave, but it was Andy so he could get worked up. It's true of all the guys I know who were suave with the chicks.

And i sort my DVDs by appeal, and cd's similairly though by band and genre to an extent. It's kind of complex.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2004, 06:00:39 pm »

I sort my DVD and CD's by where they land when I drop them.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2004, 06:43:14 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I sort my DVD and CD's by where they land when I drop them.


I do that during the week. And most weekends. But then I get sick of the untidyness and organise them properly again. Usually into around the same place.
Although recently my DVD's outgrew the shelves originally allocated for them, so I currently have perfectly organised rows, and a pile atop one row - since the shelf is just under two dvd boxes high.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2004, 07:33:34 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Were they laughing at you because you sorted your T-shirts or because you put them on hangers? Because I would for both.

yes, for both.  i only had the shirts on hangers because i was in the dorm and had no shelf to put them on (i hate putting clothes other than underthings in drawers).  i now have such a shelf, and my shirts are in two piles--one of thicker shirts that are good for the weather i'm experiencing now, and one of thinner shirts that are good for summer.  my avatar features a shirt from the 'thicker' pile, as it was cresting into fall at which time i can wear shirts from either pile.  yes, i realize this is still anal, but i liken it more to CortJstr's hanging newly-washed shirts on the left than to my previous color-sorting habits.

Quote
I don't even want to know about your days of the week underroos.

all i shall say about my underthings is that i own no underroos (and that i keep my underthings in a drawer, since i already said that . . .)
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2004, 08:15:22 pm »

I'm actually pretty obsessive about my DVDs. I sort them oddly - by studio, and then alphabetically.  That way they look pretty on the shelf (since the same company's discs are generally uniform).  I do store my Criterion Collection discs by spine number - but that's a Criterion thing.

And there are a few directors that I store their discs together - Hitchcock, Kevin Smith, etc.

I've run out of shelf space lately, though - so I have a bunch of discs in storage. I miss them.

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2004, 08:40:38 pm »

my cd shelves came from target for $20 and are really close to what i was intending to build myself!
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2004, 08:53:32 pm »

My cds are compulsively stored alphabetically. I even sorted them using a scale factor (computed for each letter of the alphabet) so I could leave empty spots in my big cd case in strategic positions, thus minimizing mass shifting when I bought new cds.

What mathematicians due when having anxiety attacks...it's terrifying.

Oh yeah, the comic. Eh. Though I did really like liebot's Dr. Phil-esque "What I'm hearing is..." construction. And I used to own a red Strat. 'Course, I was 13, so I think I had an excuse. Now it's a cherry-stained Gibson SG. A thing of beauty.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2004, 09:29:40 pm »

Quote from: "Mite"
leave empty spots in my big cd case in strategic positions, thus minimizing mass shifting when I bought new cds


with mine on shelves, all i have to do is slide them down and bump a couple off the end and move them to the next shelf.  i've got my movies in a 308-cd case though (with the overflow in a 200-cd case), and i have done absolutely nothing to minimize mass shifting--i just tend to wait until i have 4 or so to add, so i get to shift further . . . or i wait because i'm lazy.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2004, 09:30:13 pm »

My first electric was a cherry strat. Still owned actually, since I have as many as possible to avoid retuning guitars to what I need for certain things all the time.

And from the disk storage methods, I can only note that we are all evern sadder than I ever expected.
Makes me feel more comfortable.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2004, 09:40:44 pm »

I organize my MP3s by Name, Date Modified, and Size.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2004, 09:56:04 pm »

Indeed, this is one boon to the mp3-listener: obcessive-compulsiveness not required.  However, I still manage to find new outlets for it, like making sure the album information is present and correct, and that there are no real egregious problems, like something being classified as by a band when it's actually part of the singer's solo career.... Oddly, I'm nowhere near this careful with my corporeal music collection.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2004, 10:05:57 pm »

Gah. Getting into my mp3s is bad.
For mixing purposes, I have to have them all under artist then album folders. Also shortcut cross reference on those that are jointly worked - remixes, duos etc.
Also, having had to, when I got my car's mp3 player, go through the entire collection and convert the naming scheme from artist - track number - track to track number - track under artist folder, thus meaning having correct id3 tags.
It's a nightmare, and since losing a hard drive, and gradually recovering my collection, means doing so all over again.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2004, 10:09:01 pm »

I have a procedure. I rename them as: Artist - Album/Source - Track Number(if there is one) - Song Title. Then I just erase all the ID3 tags, they aren't useful for anything I do.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2004, 10:53:12 pm »

I have so little organization in here that it's almost a little funny. Of course, now that I have the whole room and not just my half, I probably ought to fix that -- like getting all my clothes into dressers, now that I have two...

Anyway, on the strip, I think the detail I like best is that Liebot appears to be giving Vlad honest, reasonable advice. Does he have a Reverse First Law that prevents him from lying to *****s, or what?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up