Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I AM LAZARUS - 03 March  (Read 3005 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
« on: March 03, 2004, 10:17:05 am »

:D this is the best thing
the last panel is just my favourite picture of ray ever
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 11:16:25 am »

I'm halfway hoping this doesn't become a story arc. Not that I think it would make a bad story arc; I just think that it would be funny to have this with no leadup and no followup.
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 12:07:50 pm »

Definitely trippy...
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 12:23:08 pm »

At least it explains the re-runs...
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 02:14:12 pm »

I'm kind of hoping it's a stealth story arc. Like the next few strips are about Todd or Pat or whoever then sometime next week we find out Ray is now CEO or Google or something.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 04:00:40 pm »

I sort of enjoy this, but yes, I would enjoy it much more if it just sort of existed and didn't have an arc about it.

Just wait: Ray is going to be a huge business leader, and President Philippe is going to have him sued for antitrust.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 04:13:52 pm »

Quote from: "sailor"
eeing "the process" would be hell of more interesting than reading a comic i've read 300 times.


Quote from: "Onstad"
Today at Serializer: behind the scenes of today's strip


Huh.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 04:26:46 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "sailor"
eeing "the process" would be hell of more interesting than reading a comic i've read 300 times.


Quote from: "Onstad"
Today at Serializer: behind the scenes of today's strip


Huh.

I assumed this wasn't so much "hey, look, the board on which I lurk gave me a GREAT IDEA" as "hey, I appear to be posting a semi-nonsense/semi-inside-joke strip -- maybe I should post supplementary material elsewhere."

Not that I'm entirely praising this development, though. I'd hate to see Achewood turn into one of those "you have to pay for ANYTHING YOU SEE TO MAKE ANY SENSE" strips.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2004, 04:42:27 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Onstad"
Today at Serializer: behind the scenes of today's strip

Huh.
I assumed this wasn't so much "hey, look, the board on which I lurk gave me a GREAT IDEA" as "hey, I appear to be posting a semi-nonsense/semi-inside-joke strip -- maybe I should post supplementary material elsewhere."

Not that I'm entirely praising this development, though. I'd hate to see Achewood turn into one of those "you have to pay for ANYTHING YOU SEE TO MAKE ANY SENSE" strips.


That's not really what the serializer is, though. It's just a screen shot of the strip in progress with lots of little scraps and clips littered around it. Like blank speech bubbles and Pat making faces and stuff.
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2004, 07:45:06 pm »

It is pretty cool; I've always wondered what a strip in progress looks like.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2004, 08:24:22 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "sailor"
eeing "the process" would be hell of more interesting than reading a comic i've read 300 times.


Quote from: "Onstad"
Today at Serializer: behind the scenes of today's strip


Huh.


i think instead of posting comics onstad should send me all his money

(worth a try)
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2004, 09:23:29 pm »

Maybe Ray can get that rap label up and running now. And retool his contract with Sony.
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2004, 10:45:13 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "sailor"
eeing "the process" would be hell of more interesting than reading a comic i've read 300 times.


Quote from: "Onstad"
Today at Serializer: behind the scenes of today's strip


Huh.


It's not a coincedence. You see, I'm the one who dropped that shoe for Ray to find. While in possession of Lazarus, I became CEO of "the Unique Guy" -fashion for men. Using my wealth and power, I made Onstad do my bidding. As a reward, I conveinently "dropped" Laz in Ray's yard.

Shit, don't you people understand the machinations of the ruling class?
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

V-Adore

  • Guest
I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2004, 03:20:02 am »

Well, fair enough. I had assumed the Serializer content involved some sort of explanation as to why we were getting a strip about a magical loafer named Lazarus. Strips-in-progress are also neat, but, well...
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2004, 03:29:58 am »

Isn't Lazarus the name of an actual brand of shoe?  Or am I thinking of the (now-defunct) department store?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up