Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: It's a perfect... LOGO.  (Read 13389 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
It's a perfect... LOGO.
« on: August 01, 2003, 09:27:38 am »

Well, it took me four hours, but I made a logo for this beeeotch.  See above.

I know it's a little crowded, but as I kept adding layers, adding more characters, I realised that I left out one of my favourites.  So I had to add another.

Then I realised that I needed Todd and Blister.  And then I thought Ray MUST have a martini (and even though it's very tiny I actually put a green olive and a little tiny red pimento dot in there too - plus a little cocktail sword - you can tell I'm really fuck*ng proud of my martini glass - and the fact that I erased the part where Ray's hand is so that it looks like he's holding it).

You have to understand, kids, that my graphical talents are near zip.  But I tried to rise to the occasion.  I hope I didn't make it too ugly.  I pretty much found poses that I liked in old strips and then copied them.  I made the characters mostly whole and really big, and then made them small and erased the parts that would work.  I thought I'd be clever by having Lyle's arm, Ray's elbow and glass, phillipe's hands (only hand now because I accidentally moved his layer *behind* beef, and I'm not going back to change it now) and of course Beef's monitor, which everyone is crowded around, go over the black line there.

Anyway, I'm awfully proud of my logo as you can tell.  You can flame all you want but you CANNOT TAKE AWAY my sense of satisfaction at a job done.

and the words "The OFFICIAL Unofficial" use the same font that Onstad uses for the dialogue (and obviously the achewood logo font is in there too).

The hardest part, of course, was figuring out who would stand behind whom.

LET THE FLAMING BEGIN

-- Jough

Edited to make this un-sticky.

Jugwine

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: It's a perfect... LOGO.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 12:59:38 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
You have to understand, kids, that my graphical talents are near zip.


Stop telling lies!  You are obviously very talented because that logo is basically perfect.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
It's a perfect... LOGO.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 01:16:39 pm »

Once again, you rock.  That must be twice, three times in one 24 hour period.  Are you going for a record or something.

What next, are you gonna start a web comic?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
It's a perfect... LOGO.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2003, 01:38:44 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Once again, you rock.  That must be twice, three times in one 24 hour period.  Are you going for a record or something.

What next, are you gonna start a web comic?


For his next trick he'll be sending us all $100 savings bonds
Logged

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
It's a perfect... LOGO.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 01:40:38 pm »

Dude, that logo kicks.

Nice one.
Logged

Schabe

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
    • http://www.automatictaxistop.com/schabe
It's a perfect... LOGO.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2003, 01:44:06 pm »

Word up.  Excellent work.  As someone who pretends to know something about graphics (but secretly sucks ass at Illustrator and the like), you did an awesome job.
Logged
"Wish I was as cool as Calvin / This sort of thing wouldn't bother me" - TMJ

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Hear hear!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2003, 01:55:35 pm »

You rock, Jough.  The logo rocks the casbah.  Once I play with the color scheme for the board and hook up some custom smilies, we're gonna have a pretty hott lookin' board up in this piece.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
And for that matter, where are Mr. Bear's hands?
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2003, 03:21:13 pm »

Is Lie-Bot's hand holding up Blister?

Super duper rockin'-uper logo.
Logged

Capn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
It's a perfect... LOGO.
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2003, 03:33:03 pm »

Where the F*** is the AIDS Sock Monkey?  You suck!

Ha ha, no, just kidding.  It is the best comic-related forum logo ever.  Nice work.
Logged

Capn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
Re: Hear hear!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2003, 03:34:39 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
hook up some custom smilies,


I would like to help with this, if you want.  Post or PM me the parameters.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
monkey
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2003, 03:35:22 pm »

Quote from: "Capn"
Where the F*** is the AIDS Sock Monkey?  You suck!


Yeah man.  What gives?  

I couldn't resist.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
It's a perfect... LOGO.
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2003, 03:42:49 pm »

It's funny you should say that, because I was GOING To include the beatnik AIDS monkey but room was already pretty tight.  I guess I could've made it a *little* wider, now that I'm looking at it.

And I still can, of course.  That's why Jesus invented the PSD file, and Photoshop.

And no, blister is just floating there, but yeah, maybe I'll ERASE THE *****'S HANDS!!!

And if I do change anything I'm totally going to move Philippe back up to the front so you can see his left hand.

With 19 layers those things tend to get lost in the shuffle.

I tried to make everyone look surprised by moving the eyebrows like that, but I'm not sure if it worked.  They all look kinda stoned to me.

-- Jough

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
Yes, great logo.
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2003, 04:33:43 pm »

Yes, it is a great logo.  Nice work, and quick too.  But I admit mostly I am making this post to double check that my avatar works.

Edit:  Sorry, tried to delete this but don't know how on this board ye.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Deleting posts.
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2003, 04:39:19 pm »

Last checkbox under the "edit" window.  But don't worry about deleting "test" posts at this point.  There will be plenty of them.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
It's a perfect... LOGO.
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2003, 04:47:08 pm »

and here's another!

hope i didn't piss off anybody who's cool enough to come here back when i was allowed to type on the old board.

how's that avatar looking? huh? huh?

congrats and thanks, jld and jough!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up