Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004  (Read 5941 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2004, 06:42:55 pm »

I think that's the divot Ray just cut, not the shadow of his shoe.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2004, 10:14:22 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I think that's the divot Ray just cut, not the shadow of his shoe.


Well listen to you Mr. Learning Head! Maybe YOU oughta run for office!
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2004, 11:38:27 pm »

Why not?  Messageboard-tyrant is probably just as relevant (or irrelevant) experience for being president as being governor of a state.  In fact I'll bet Jough's already got a foreign policy.

If you win can I be Secretary of the Interior? I don't really understand what it is but I know it sometimes has something to do with wild animals.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2004, 12:12:41 am »

I totally call head of the NSA. Or maybe chairman of the joint chiefs of staff? Or a SCOTUS appointee? Where would be best to wield massive power with little to no public accountability?

Wow, it's tough to type with one hand asleep.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2004, 12:27:45 am »

Unfortunately, I cannot run for president YET, as I am not 35 years of age.

But I suppose it's never too early to start the "Dempsey 2008" campaign.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2004, 12:51:28 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Unfortunately, I cannot run for president YET, as I am not 35 years of age.

But I suppose it's never too early to start the "Dempsey 2008" campaign.


May God have mercy on us all.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2004, 02:53:13 am »

Dibs on Toastmaster General!

Oooo, or do I want to be Secretary of the Inferior?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2004, 07:39:30 am »

I'm still picking out several first ladies.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2004, 11:21:54 am »

I'd settle for second or third lady.  Probably just as well, spend less time standing around at vacuous events wearing a fixed unnatural smile and an ugly pastel dress.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2004, 04:27:22 pm »

Ooooh, oooh!  Dibsies on Chief of Staff!  

And Wombat, I'm surprised you didn't call First Lady ;)

[Edit: Dammit, I did that thing again where I replied *before* reading the second page.  It wouldn't matter so much if I didn't always make the most obvious joke...]
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2004, 05:19:51 pm »

I wouldn't mind a high ranking position in the FCC. Then TV will get really fun. Goodbye shit-sucking "family hour"!
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2004, 07:25:20 pm »

I insist upon being made Secretary of Led Zeppelin Bootlegs.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2004, 08:20:12 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
I totally read that as CHEF of staff at first.


I summon IRON CHEF OF STAFF!

Allez bourgeoisie!
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2004, 01:14:21 am »

Well, I am just getting caught up on the message board.

What I really love about this strip is that it's totally the kind of conversation you'd expect from two important, powerful, rich and politically influential businessmen.  But, it's taking place between a thong wearing cat standing on two legs while golfing and his shoe.  His only shoe.  A talking shoe.

Favorite line: "Don't talk during my swing."  It fits so perfectly.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2004, 03:33:21 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I'm still picking out several first ladies.


While you're busy on that front, I want to be the Drug Sultan. Fuck drug czars. Sultans are where it's at.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up