Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set  (Read 7278 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2004, 01:24:30 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Actual Elementary School Quote: I saw the episode of Inspector Gadget where they showed Dr. Claw's face; if you give me five dollars I'll draw it for you.

Wow, that is all mad third-grade conning, yo.

Unless there actually was an episode where they showed Dr. Claw's face. If so, how did I miss it?
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2004, 04:00:57 pm »

siiiigggghhh....
They never actually showed his face on the cartoon; HOWEVER.
There was an official Dr. Claw action figure. WITH EXPOSED FACE.
And here he is:

And a close up on his face:

Wow...with all of the comic-bookery, and now this.....not even Jesus can help me now.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2004, 04:08:24 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
(Dr. Claw action figure)

... Wow. I have beheld the majesty. And it's... more or less appropriate.

Anyway, I haven't gotten Jough's mixdisc yet. Either it's still en route or (my current conspiracy theory) my mail is being hoarded greedily by Mailroom Gnomes.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2004, 05:36:32 pm »

Apparently my company censorware is blocking the images. They must horribly obscene.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2004, 05:58:05 pm »

I just mailed them yesterday, for fuck's sake.  I wouldn't expect them until Saturday at LEAST.

I also realise that I forgot to include the six pages of write-ups about my notes for each track, so I will spin-off a new thread soon where I will simply post these things.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2004, 06:06:35 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I just mailed them yesterday, for fuck's sake.  I wouldn't expect them until Saturday at LEAST.

Well, fair enough. My mail paranoia was just already piqued by the non-arrival of a few other things, so this was presumably a false alarm. I shall watch, though.

Quote
I also realise that I forgot to include the six pages of write-ups about my notes for each track, so I will spin-off a new thread soon where I will simply post these things.

Score!
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2004, 09:05:59 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Dr. Claw photos...


Meh, somehow I am not thinking the face fits so well with his delightfully Waitsian voice.
Logged
goose means greedy

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2004, 09:22:04 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Meh, somehow I am not thinking the face fits so well with his delightfully Waitsian voice.

Yeah, actually, I can't watch "Mystery Train" without thinking, during the radio parts, "I'LL GET YOU, GADGET!" That guy looks more like Dr. Brown than Dr. Claw.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2004, 01:24:26 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
There was an official Dr. Claw action figure. WITH EXPOSED FACE.


Hell, I was way off. I hope no one comes around wanting their money back.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2004, 02:48:36 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "Bozack"
There was an official Dr. Claw action figure. WITH EXPOSED FACE.


Hell, I was way off. I hope no one comes around wanting their money back.

All I can say is that that would be the best lawsuit in the history of the world. Screw the McDonald's guy! Let's see a disgruntled former third-grader sue another former third-grader for the $5 spent on a fraudulent depiction of Dr. Claw!
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2004, 04:13:10 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Let's see a disgruntled former third-grader sue another former third-grader for the $5 spent on a fraudulent depiction of Dr. Claw!


I certainly hope that "too bad, I spent it on G.I.Joes" is a viable defense. Interest rates these days are just a grade-A motherfucker. In related news, the recently released G.I.Joe DVDs are godhead.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2004, 12:06:20 am »

What'd yours look like, Zartan?  Out of curiosity...
Logged
goose means greedy

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2004, 05:14:10 am »

This is embarassingly lazy; I claim youth and (relative) innocence as my defense:

I basically drew the M.A.D. symbol - you know, that squashed horned demon looking thing - and added hair, pupils, more teeth, and (sigh) a necktie.

What the hell--? I know, I know. But dammit, it was if nothing else plausible. I mean if we were to believe that the same two Laurel and Hardy M.A.D. agents did the job literally day after day, picturing the Big Guy Himself as some sort of ahem cartoonish scaryhead thing wasn't a stretch. Plus Voltron came on right before Inspector Gadget, so, you know. IT CERTAINLY WASN'T RUPERT fuck*ng EVERETT
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2004, 04:34:25 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
This is embarassingly lazy; I claim youth and (relative) innocence as my defense:

I basically drew the M.A.D. symbol - you know, that squashed horned demon looking thing - and added hair, pupils, more teeth, and (sigh) a necktie.


Menacing yet dignified... I like it.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2004, 01:25:38 am »

I hate to take this thread back on-topic, but I got the mixdiscs a few days ago, and I'm digging thus far. I'm not entirely sure the title is accurate on the first disc (has anyone in history intentionally played "They're Going to Take Me Away, Ha-Ha" during lovemaking? If so, why?), but it's a good mix nonetheless.

Also, I have been attempting to acquire "Dark Globe" in some form or another since the days of gnute, and now it lies in my hot little hand. Thanks, jough.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up