Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set  (Read 7303 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2004, 02:58:07 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Also, I have been attempting to acquire "Dark Globe" in some form or another since the days of gnute, and now it lies in my hot little hand. Thanks, jough.


Being International, I have not yet recieved my CDs.  This preview, however, bodes extremely well. I'm still surprised, although, at jough, for ending his title-clause with a preposition.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2004, 03:57:27 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

Also, I have been attempting to acquire "Dark Globe" in some form or another since the days of gnute, and now it lies in my hot little hand. Thanks, jough.


Yes, I was quite glad to see that I wasn't the only one to include a Syd Barrett track on my mix disk.

I've only made it through Vol. II so far.  Excellent, excellent, excellent.  What a wide variety of music I've never heard of mixed with the delightfully familiar.  You rock, El Guapo!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2004, 03:58:58 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I'm still surprised, although, at jough, for ending his title-clause with a preposition.


Because, as we all know, a preposition is a terrible thing with which to end a sentence.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2004, 04:24:38 am »

Well it iiiis.  At least on such a grammatically discerning board.  

Anyways, I just went and got the mail, which included Jough's lovely CDs.  I say lovely because they overlap to a ridiculous extent (5 songs) with today's playlist.  (Granted, I was working at the computer all day, but still), and the inclusion of MOHAMMED RAFI.  A thousand thanks to Jough.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2004, 06:01:48 am »

Admittedly, I hear a lot of new music through movie soundtracks, or else am reminded of older songs through movies.  For instance, hearing Bill Murray sing "More Than This" in "Lost in Translation" prompted my re-digging out the old Roxy Music.

I am, however, disappointed that I don't get a poll like everyone else's discs did.

And it's fine to end a sentence, a preposition with.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2004, 06:04:47 am »

Quote from: "jough"

And it's fine to end a sentence, a preposition with.


Only if Yoda, you are.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2004, 06:46:14 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I am, however, disappointed that I don't get a poll like everyone else's discs did.


Well maybe if you hadn't started your own thread you would have gotten a poll.

I got my disc a couple of days ago and i've waited until I had a chance to give it a good listen before I commented.  Ummm, how can I put this.  Jough, those are the best CD's you've ever sent me.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2004, 07:01:35 am »

Feh.  You just don't know what good is. :P

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2004, 07:07:29 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Feh.  You just don't know what good is. :P


Well that wasn't very clever.  I'm disapointed in you Jough, I thought for sure you of all people would come back with a really killer come back burn.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2004, 03:14:16 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Admittedly, I hear a lot of new music through movie soundtracks


So you watched Ghost World, too?  I sorely hope so, as it is among my faves.
Logged
goose means greedy

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2004, 10:57:42 pm »

Jaan Pehechaan Ho is on the mix CDs?  Exxxxxxxxxcellent.  Guess I'll just have to wait until Monday.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2004, 06:42:39 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "jough"
Admittedly, I hear a lot of new music through movie soundtracks


So you watched Ghost World, too?  I sorely hope so, as it is among my faves.


Actually, I saw this great Bollywood film called Gumnaam.  Great dance number in the middle of a bad Agatha Christie type of murder mystery.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2004, 06:44:33 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Well that wasn't very clever.  I'm disapointed in you Jough, I thought for sure you of all people would come back with a really killer come back burn.


It's hard to want to really ZING someone who has such pitiably poor taste.

I WILL PRAY FOR YOU

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2004, 08:19:14 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
It's hard to want to really ZING someone who has such pitiably poor taste.

I WILL PRAY FOR YOU


Now that's more like it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2004, 02:21:57 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Yes, I was quite glad to see that I wasn't the only one to include a Syd Barrett track on my mix disk.


To be honest, it's the R.E.M. cover, which is to say it's absolutely Stipetastic. Lovely track, though.

Anyway... I hadn't connected Jaan Pehechaan Ho with Ghost World until now. I may have repressed it, like I did most of GW. Ah, well. Good track.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up