Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26  (Read 4564 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
« on: March 26, 2004, 01:52:24 pm »

I have nothing to say about this strip.  Just wanted to start the topic.

Um, lemmee think... I bought a white turtleneck in Berlin.  It was freakin' cold.

Is it that hard to buy something in a foreign country, particularly in a big city where the stores have cash registers?  You take the coat up to the register, and when they ring it up you look at the total on the display.  Of course, blowing your cash on 10 sodas at Herr Currywurst doesn't help.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 02:22:45 pm »

So does Ray have a tiny pocket in there or use he just use the elastic to hold keys/money/etc against his side?
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 05:23:32 pm »

Ray is being atypically critical of himself here.  DOES THIS MEAN HE IS MORPHING INTO ROAST BEEF?!!!  If he learns how to turn on a computer, I guess we'll know.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 06:07:29 pm »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
Ray is being atypically critical of himself here.  DOES THIS MEAN HE IS MORPHING INTO ROAST BEEF?!!!  If he learns how to turn on a computer, I guess we'll know.

Ray is just thrown from his usual cool pearch by the awkward situation. Soon some crazy german fans will recognize him from his album and we'll have the normal confident Ray back.
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 08:09:43 pm »

Also why isn't Ray smoking? In fact none of the cats have been shown as smoking since January 13th. Did the Nicorette man come to town/Handin' out fun gum all aroun'/Slap down a patch/Unhook your latch/Get that monkey offa your batch

Oooooh-

The nicorette man he cares for your lungs
So around his neck a satchel is slung
It's fulla good stuff
That you don't puff
P. Morris leavin' town all in a huff

The nicorette man he'll keep you on kilter
Take away the baccy, take away the filter
There's nothing left
Don't be bereft
His cheeks are chiseled, his chin is cleft

Who me? I don't sleep no more...
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 10:07:11 pm »

I find it disturbing that you know when the last date that a character was smoking - did you keep going backwards in the archives until you saw a fag in one of their mouths?

I swear, people, if you don't have enough to do I have lots of work I can give you...

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 10:42:01 pm »

I knew.
Just out of the compulsion I have to go smoke.
I swear, walking past shops is hell!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2004, 12:08:40 am »

Maybe the Chewlies gum guy got to them.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2004, 12:29:35 am »

I fear that the cats may have been targets of a new type of hate that is becoming more and more prevalent these days.

Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Also why isn't Ray smoking? In fact none of the cats have been shown as smoking since January 13th.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2004, 12:37:55 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
I'm not sure I get the 'calories from Bert and Ernie' line.  I'ma little slow today.


Maybe those who are touched in the head eat sesame street dolls for nourishment.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2004, 12:44:05 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I find it disturbing that you know when the last date that a character was smoking - did you keep going backwards in the archives until you saw a fag in one of their mouths?


That is definitely not what I did, and as soon as I figure the way that I did do it which wasn't the ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC way that you suggest I did it (which I didn't) I'll tell you.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2004, 03:20:34 am »

haha, Chewlie's gum
Logged

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2004, 03:24:14 am »

Huh. This is the first time I've used IE on this forum. I didn't realize that my avatar was shown as a broken image. On Opera it just pretends it isn't there. I'm going to fix that, now.
Logged

foolio

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 53
    • View Profile
Nipples!
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2004, 05:17:03 am »

Why is one of Ray's nipples rectangular while the other is round?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Nipples!
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2004, 05:32:15 am »

Quote from: "foolio"
Why is one of Ray's nipples rectangular while the other is round?


I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Pythagorean Theorem.  That or Pablo Neruda.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up