Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: New purchases  (Read 12771 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
New purchases
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2004, 04:45:39 am »

I sure hope Pedro was around for that!


I almost made a joke wherein I confused Pedro with Carlos. I'm rather glad I refrained, and I'm disappointed I made a public note of it.

Three cheers for the giant Pole!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
New purchases
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2004, 12:03:20 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Is there a soymilk out there that doesn't have a skanky after-taste? Because as long as you never stop drinking it vanilla Silk with Hershey's isn't a bad beverage. But once you pause to inhale or refill or something then there is much badness in the mouth region.


In my experience there is always a bit of an after taste, and Silk is definitly the worst for that.  This is why it's even harder to tell if it's gone bad or not.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
New purchases
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2004, 08:39:22 pm »

JL Dunston, a bunch of beer and a giant pole. Or a Pole with a smuggled kielbasa. Or both, even.

I am SO DOWN with this concept.

Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Is there a soymilk out there that doesn't have a skanky after-taste? Because as long as you never stop drinking it vanilla Silk with Hershey's isn't a bad beverage. But once you pause to inhale or refill or something then there is much badness in the mouth region.


In my experience there is always a bit of an after taste, and Silk is definitly the worst for that.  This is why it's even harder to tell if it's gone bad or not.


It's easy to tell when it's bad. It was made bad. Cows have huge, fast-refilling udders for a good reason. Milk.

I don't get calling it Soy'milk'. This is as bad as soy/seitan/tempeh being called a meat 'substitute'. It's an alternative at best (sometimes a bad one) but the fact that vegetarians call these by the substances they abhor tells me there is a deepseated, unacknowledged longing for the real thing. It's like man-hating, militant lesbians using c*ck-shaped dildos....



As you were.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
New purchases
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2004, 10:58:15 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
JL Dunston, a bunch of beer and a giant pole.

...

It's like man-hating, militant lesbians using c*ck-shaped dildos....


I'm not touching this with a 6'4" pole...





Ba-dum ching.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
New purchases
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2004, 11:10:10 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I don't get calling it Soy'milk'. This is as bad as soy/seitan/tempeh being called a meat 'substitute'. It's an alternative at best (sometimes a bad one) but the fact that vegetarians call these by the substances they abhor tells me there is a deepseated, unacknowledged longing for the real thing. It's like man-hating, militant lesbians using c*ck-shaped dildos....

I have a mild lactose intolerance and don't actually like the taste of milk. Soy milk I like (except the aftertaste), it seems to last longer, and it has a quatrillion percent* more calcium than my other beverages of choice.

*A quatrillion is a number so vastly mind-boggingly huge that even when you multiply it by 0 you still get a positive result.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
New purchases
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2004, 02:43:54 am »

Obviously, you're all completely missing the fact that rice milk is FAR superior to soy milk, while maintaining its status as FAR inferior to cow milk.


Saying "soy milk tastes like regular milk" is like saying "tofutti tastes like ice cream."
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
New purchases
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2004, 04:27:40 am »

I like human milk right from the pump.

It's the best part of fuck*ng chicks who just had a baby.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
New purchases
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2004, 05:38:45 am »

Who's crude? Who's rude?
Who is that nasty dude?
You know!
He's Jough!

Don't get pissed now-
Our boss-man is allowed!
Back off!
It's Jough!

He posts that shit
Cuz noone else would say it!
So true!
So Jough!

He rules this place
With an iron fist in your face!
He's gruff!
That Jough!

That's all!
He's Jough!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
New purchases
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2004, 12:15:06 pm »

Were it actually on an album, I'd buy the Jough Blaxploitation Theme in a second.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
New purchases
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2004, 04:25:14 pm »

I got the new Argument CD, Recess Serenade, from CDBaby yesterday. There's a couple weak tracks but it was overall a good purchase. But Your New Favorite Band was better.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
New purchases
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2004, 07:58:41 pm »

I'm beginning to contemplate killing whoever started the fuck*ng milk shit here!
I go away for a couple of days and what happens in my fuck*ng yard!!!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
New purchases
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2004, 08:29:59 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
I'm beginning to contemplate killing whoever started the fuck*ng milk shit here!
I go away for a couple of days and what happens in my fuck*ng yard!!!

I think this is where you split off a thread called "EVERYTHING ABOUT MILK POSTED IN THE CONSERVATORY, PLZ MOVE TO KITCHEN KTHX, SLINK MADE FOR CRUSHING" and be done with it.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
New purchases
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2004, 08:45:59 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

I think this is where you split off a thread called "EVERYTHING ABOUT MILK POSTED IN THE CONSERVATORY, PLZ MOVE TO KITCHEN KTHX, SLINK MADE FOR CRUSHING" and be done with it.


I might do tomorrow when I can recognise simple colours and shapes.
Damn driving at night for ages.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
New purchases
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2004, 09:27:19 pm »

Choop's rhyme needs to be posted somewhere permanently prominent, like a FAQ about the board or in Jough's profile.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
New purchases
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2004, 03:44:32 am »

I may post it in the Rules and Regulations that one has to agree to upon signing up for the board.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up