Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Wombat's Stalkee  (Read 10637 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Wombat's Stalkee
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2004, 09:18:39 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Dear Whatever in Some Higher Plane, please say it is not one Thomas Clancy.


Goodness no. Does he live in DC? No, cooler and not that obscenely famous.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Wombat's Stalkee
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2004, 10:48:25 am »

Speaking of being stalked, I felt a bit of a shock when I noticed a banner ad up there advertising "Australian Wombat Gifts."  I hope I'm not the only one seeing it...
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Wombat's Stalkee
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2004, 01:06:58 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Speaking of being stalked, I felt a bit of a shock when I noticed a banner ad up there advertising "Australian Wombat Gifts."  I hope I'm not the only one seeing it...

I was litteraly just going to post about that ad when I came to this thread. Weird. Eerie.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Wombat's Stalkee
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2004, 02:47:14 pm »

wombat:  Google doesn't really spider the forums, but if you want to be save, you may put a space between each character of your stalkee's name, so if you were stalking, say, Donald Trump, you could write:

D O N A L D

T R U M P

and not be worried about it ever showing up in Google.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Wombat's Stalkee
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2004, 02:58:54 pm »

Hint - fricking - hint.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Wombat's Stalkee
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2004, 03:29:37 pm »

I grow tired of the game.

If Wombat doesn't post who her stalkee is by the end of the day (or at least PM me about it) I'm going to delete her account and every post she ever wrote, plus all references to her or her name in other people's posts.

It'll be like she never existed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Wombat's Stalkee
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2004, 03:55:27 pm »

Hell, why don't you also burn her house down, and delete anyone who has a W in their log in.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Wombat's Stalkee
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2004, 04:38:00 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I grow tired of the game.

If Wombat doesn't post who her stalkee is by the end of the day (or at least PM me about it) I'm going to delete her account and every post she ever wrote, plus all references to her or her name in other people's posts.

It'll be like she never existed.

The Thought Police have nothing on Jough.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Wombat's Stalkee
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2004, 05:36:22 pm »

Don't put this past him, I've already seen him do it once.  

What, none of you remember ******?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
Wombat's Stalkee
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2004, 05:53:00 pm »

I'm glad I don't remember anyone who posted as *******.

Anyway, I just got the "Australian Wombat Gifts" ad. It alluded to "Wally the Naughty Wombat," which seemed strangely appropriate.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Wombat's Stalkee
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2004, 06:00:46 pm »

Well, no one has even tried very hard with the geographical hint, but I fear the wrath of Jough.

Hints: Lives in the DC area.  Writes crime fiction set there.  Has a new book out right now and has been touring and being interviewed.  Talks about music I haven't heard of all the time in his books - you cool folks who post in the Conservatory might like him.

I'm very busy today showing relatives around town - could we agree to work on that much for awhile before you delete me?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Wombat's Stalkee
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2004, 06:05:23 pm »

G e o r g e     P e l e c a n o s?

Sorry, edited to protect   W o m b a t.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Wombat's Stalkee
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2004, 06:08:54 pm »

Dang, see I knew that much information would make it too easy.

Here's a link to my favorite interview with him, where he is careful to insist, as I always am, that he lives in Silver Spring, but it is "just steps" from the DC line.  We don't want you to mistake us for suburbanites.

http://www.identitytheory.com/interviews/birnbaum100.html
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Wombat's Stalkee
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2004, 06:12:46 pm »

PS to Jough: Wouldn't want you to miss the pleasure of knowing that I was about to PM you.  Really, you ought to pick on someone your own size, I am much too easy a target.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Wombat's Stalkee
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2004, 06:17:06 pm »

For the record, there was never any *******.  I made it up on the spot (50 geek points to anyone who can name the reference).  

Jehosephat, you guys have way too much faith in me.  Or too little in Jough.  I'd prefer not to speculate which is more likely...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up