Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)  (Read 7051 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ndpatel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sixtyeights.com
potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
« on: April 14, 2004, 07:47:41 am »

one day i'm going to write a slow jam called girl, i got that refresh action.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 10:27:47 am »

So is the pot for consumption or do you put your ear to one leaf and talk into another to communicate with the angels?
Logged

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 11:20:53 am »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
So is the pot for consumption or do you put your ear to one leaf and talk into another to communicate with the angels?


I think whatever you do with it, it'll still come out as unfunny.
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 11:44:43 am »

Quote from: "pubdoggy"

I think whatever you do with it, it'll still come out as unfunny.


Meow!

I don't always think they have to be funny though. I quite like this without it being funny.
I don't know.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 12:05:39 pm »

I mostly like how fiction is veering dangerously close to truth here. You just know that someone out there has actually written this diatribe, or something dangerously close to it.

Anyway, this isn't that funny in and of itself, but I'll keep waiting to see what Onstad's planning to do with it. All's well that ends well, eh?
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 12:15:28 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I mostly like how fiction is veering dangerously close to truth here. You just know that someone out there has actually written this diatribe, or something dangerously close to it.


Of course- for example, Dianetics, by L. Ron Hubbard.

Ray done gone all crazy on that fingernail schnapps.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 02:10:47 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I mostly like how fiction is veering dangerously close to truth here. You just know that someone out there has actually written this diatribe, or something dangerously close to it.


Of course- for example, Dianetics, by L. Ron Hubbard.

I was thinking of the vast archives of alt.sci.physics.new-theories, myself, but anything goes.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 04:26:46 pm »

I'm normally one of those accused of fawning over anything he posts, but today gets a resounding "meh" from me.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 04:38:48 pm »

Ray's outfit reminds me of Brown Paper Pete.  You know the legend of Brown Paper Pete, right?  He was a notorious criminal who was eventually captured and hanged in the Old West.  They called him Brown Paper Pete because of his strange style of dress.  He wore a brown paper hat, a brown paper shirt, brown paper chaps, even brown paper shoes.  

Do you know what they hanged him for?  






Rustlin.'
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2004, 04:45:02 pm »

Boo to that!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2004, 06:48:56 pm »

JLD, you are my hero. I'm passing that bugger on.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2004, 06:50:41 pm »

That reminds me of a time a pirate walked into my bar...with a STEERING WHEEL STICKING OUT OF HIS #####!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2004, 06:52:35 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
That reminds me of a time a pirate walked into my bar...with a STEERING WHEEL STICKING OUT OF HIS *****!

Arrrrr, it be drivin' 'is nuts?

(I read that first as "steering wheel sticking out of his *****," which makes me just wonder how hard Chucklebot parties.)
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2004, 08:09:42 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
(I read that first as "steering wheel sticking out of his #####," which makes me just wonder how hard Chucklebot parties.)


Me too.  I like days when the threads quickly surpass the comic in humour.
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2004, 08:29:44 pm »

Arrrr! This wheel be drivin me nuts! I'll have to remember that one. I'm getting good mileage from  Brown Paper Pete, too.

I like both these jokes.

Also the answer to the cannabis leaf to the ear question:

First you have to shove the potato up your....

never mind.

two weeks off usually brings the funny. I'll be a little more patient. I mean, I lasted through the abduction of Phillippe, so I can take anything.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up