Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Walking erect  (Read 20222 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Walking erect
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2004, 02:38:12 am »

Can't belief that my anal-ness missed this, but "Dirty Work" starred Norm MacDonald. (Bob Saget directed that).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2004, 03:13:40 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
(Bob Saget directed that).


I've always detested Bob Saget (along with everything else associated with Full House).  However, I must give credit where it is due.

Bob Saget has the single funniest moment in the movie "Half Baked".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2004, 03:15:14 am »

Did you ever suck <feet> for pot?!
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2004, 03:27:55 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Did you ever suck <feet> for pot?!

Ha, an old boss of mine was actually in Narcotics Anonymous for pot. Because of that, every time he was leaving work, the other managers and I would wait until he was just out of earshot, and ask eachother...well....you get it.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Walking erect
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2004, 10:51:50 am »

Not to make light of someone else's addiction, but I really didn't even know they let potheads into Narcotics Anonymous.
Also, when I type that I always feel like I am using the wrong word, as it is not the narcotics themselves that have the problem, cf the lack of Alcohol Anonymous.  

Yeah, then there was the part where grammar's apparently a bigger issue to me than drug addiction.
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2004, 06:45:17 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Not to make light of someone else's addiction, but I really didn't even know they let potheads into Narcotics Anonymous.
Also, when I type that I always feel like I am using the wrong word, as it is not the narcotics themselves that have the problem, cf the lack of Alcohol Anonymous.  

Yeah, then there was the part where grammar's apparently a bigger issue to me than drug addiction.


Maybe they don't let them walk in...but as part of a work-related intervention, I bet they do. Poor bastard.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2004, 07:34:16 pm »

Thank you all, because I've just figured out career plan C (or D or E or whatever...) if I don't get another zoo job and all the other weird ideas don't work out:  I am going to put my degree to work again and start Prescriptive Grammarians Anonymous.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2004, 08:58:23 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Thank you all, because I've just figured out career plan C (or D or E or whatever...) if I don't get another zoo job and all the other weird ideas don't work out:  I am going to put my degree to work again and start Prescriptive Grammarians Anonymous.

It worked for Bill Walsh.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2004, 09:34:31 pm »

Whoa, that Bill Walsh guy is definitely going to need to be the first one to sign up for my meetings and learn to relax.  Even though you do have to love a guy who'd title a book "The Elephants of Style."

Spelling and punctuation correction will still be allowed, but only once you have achieved advanced levels of acceptance of giving up grammar nitpicking.  There will be doughnuts.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2004, 10:11:19 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Even though you do have to love a guy who'd title a book "The Elephants of Style."

And Lapsing Into a Comma.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Walking erect
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2004, 11:06:10 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
advanced levels of acceptance of giving up grammar nitpicking.


So, what, we're not allowed to call people on, say, not using the subjunctive voice in casual speech?
Logged
goose means greedy

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2004, 11:27:00 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"

So, what, we're not allowed to call people on, say, not using the subjunctive voice in casual speech?


Not in English you're not.  Or you don't get any doughnuts.  And some of them are jelly doughnuts.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2004, 11:28:49 pm »

I've been meaning to mention this for sometime.  My grammar is atrocious and I’m always misspelling words, but I’ve never been called on it.  Why is that?  Don't you care enough to correct me when I err?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2004, 11:50:41 pm »

Waaaiiiiiit a minute....

so "I'm a Friend of Bill W" is about GRAMMAR??

I'm so confused.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2004, 01:21:28 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
I've been meaning to mention this for some time.  My grammar is atrocious, and I’m always misspelling words/, but I’ve never been called on it.  Why is that?  Don't you care enough to correct me when I err?

~Paul


There.  I corrected all the mistakes I could find.  

Do you feel loved?  

Actually, I think it's because you generally follow the rules, so we're willing to let a couple of things slide here and there.  Compared to a lot of people on this here InterWeb, your grammar and spelling fantastic.  

Also, we make special allowances for Texans.  ;)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up